How to set a VHT 2/90/2 poweramp to be flat?

Stab in the dark... how about treating it like an 'amp' and take an IR against the white/pink noise using Ozone to match it? I am sketchy on the details but it might work... then you would just load the IR when using the VHT.

Thanks Mo, i don't want to get that techy about it. I was just wondering if there was a known way to set it up to get it "sorta flat"

For most amps, any non-zero setting of depth or presence is a departure from flat.

Maybe pm ML sound lab because I believe he uses a VHT 2/50/2 sometimes. Did Fryette have anything to say? I emailed them about Flat settings on their Power station. He said generally setting them at 0 is flat....

+ 1

Will be curious to know the same thing.. I'm about to get the Carvin TS100, and I will be using it for both my normal and FRFR cab.. Cain't wait to get it and to crank to see, rather to hear, how it'll sound when I A/B the Carvin to my Matrix GT1500..

Turn Presence and Depth all the way down. Still won't be flat though.

On both? When I used my 50w Valve Marshall last weekend as a power amp to run my Axe-ii, it certainly wasn't a 'flat response' coming through my full range speaker, but it did sound a bit less FRFR and a bit closer to what a real cab did... just saying. I liked what I heard and felt.

that thing doesn't need to sound flat dude. it sounds amazing as is but it is the most unreliable equipment ever. I can't tell you how many times i had to take it to an amp tech that still couldn't fix it.
Why would you want it to sound flat. i always kept the depth off but used the presence to taste

that thing doesn't need to sound flat dude. it sounds amazing as is but it is the most unreliable equipment ever. I can't tell you how many times i had to take it to an amp tech that still couldn't fix it.
Why would you want it to sound flat. i always kept the depth off but used the presence to taste

Sorry mate, are you referring to the Carvin TS100? Not sure if I personally want it to sound flat, regardless of what others may have to say about that. When I get my Carvin in the next day or two, it will run both my normal 2x12 and my Alto FRFR cab.

Back
Top Bottom