How to save CPU Load: Friedman BE100 + Shiva Clean

HI Marco,
Thank you for the explanation. I had no idea you could have 1 CAB, listed, then add Stereo effects for a Stereo patch !!! I learned something here :) , and gained some CPU :)
When you play live with this or at home through a mixer, how do you set the independent pan on left and right at the board to match the preset ? Is it hard left and right ? or ??? Sorry questions.
Having a LOT of fun with the Patch :)

HI Marco,
Thank you for the explanation. I had no idea you could have 1 CAB, listed, then add Stereo effects for a Stereo patch !!! I learned something here :) , and gained some CPU :)
When you play live with this or at home through a mixer, how do you set the independent pan on left and right at the board to match the preset ? Is it hard left and right ? or ??? Sorry questions.
Having a LOT of fun with the Patch :)

Digital system is not different from the reality!
What do you do in a recording studio? Do you use 2 microphone to create stereo effects? NO!
You use one mic (sometimes more than one but this is only to improve audio quality) than you have a single track.
The stereo effect is realized by stereo effects like Delay, Chorus, Reverbs, Pitch, Detune.

Using two cabs let you to have different sound on the channels, it is not a stereo, is a double mono ;)

My main gig preset (which I've been using for several months now) uses the Shiva clean and the Friedman 2018. I'm also using input 2 for the Ghost acoustic pickup on my Parker DF-624, with input 1 getting the magnetic pickup signal. I'm using 14 blocks total and hitting at about 84 to 86%. I've been able to cover loads of ground (and sounds) with this preset. I have a 2nd version of it that is a 1 input only version for my regular magnetic pickup only guitars. It would be nice if the grid were longer, but I set up some of the effects in parallel to make it all fit.

Last edited:
Marco,
I got this preset from your site and really like it...what stands out is how punchy the over-driven tones are as I have a similar preset (that I thought sounded good until I played yours) I made except with the USA Clean instead of the Shiva Clean. I wanted to ask you as a point of reference where you typically keep your main output on the AX8 for this preset and also does this change for your live setup?
I have been working on balancing the scenes I use live in trying to maintain adequate headroom between each. I was recently surprised to know that there are several of our fellow comrades here that run their main outputs all the way full.
Thanks!

Marco,
I got this preset from your site and really like it...what stands out is how punchy the over-driven tones are as I have a similar preset (that I thought sounded good until I played yours) I made except with the USA Clean instead of the Shiva Clean. I wanted to ask you as a point of reference where you typically keep your main output on the AX8 for this preset and also does this change for your live setup?
I have been working on balancing the scenes I use live in trying to maintain adequate headroom between each. I was recently surprised to know that there are several of our fellow comrades here that run their main outputs all the way full.
Thanks!
Thank you,
I set the volume using the VU meter around 0db.
On live I set out knob at 50%

Understood...I A/B'd back and forth between the USA Clean (which I use) and the Shiver Clean which I realize now is very good-just never played it much. The IR for this preset is pretty tasty as well.
Thank you my friend.

Understood...I A/B'd back and forth between the USA Clean (which I use) and the Shiver Clean which I realize now is very good-just never played it much. The IR for this preset is pretty tasty as well.
Thank you my friend.
You are welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom