How to run my JJ Jnr amp --> Axe-Fx XL --> Suhr Reactive Load?

Georgy

Inspired
Hey Guys,

I've searched YouTube, I've googled, I've even come back to the Fractal Forum to try and find something but havn't been so lucky..

My Friedman JJ Jnr amp is a few weeks away from arriving. I wanna be able to use it in 4CM.. so I can hear the amp through my 1x12 cab but ALSO so that I can also hear it with some IRs too. In fact, I'd rather hear it with the Axe FX XL with IRs more than anything.

Has anyone done this with their amp? Is there a 'how to' section where I should look?

Thanks.

you need a load box to get the Speaker Level output into a Line Level input of another device.

amp speaker out to load box
load box line level out to next device (axe-fx)

did you want to do 4CM and the load box at the same time? i think that can be done with all the Axe-Fx I/O, but it could make setting it up more complicated.

you need a load box to get the Speaker Level output into a Line Level input of another device.

amp speaker out to load box
load box line level out to next device (axe-fx)

did you want to do 4CM and the load box at the same time? i think that can be done with all the Axe-Fx I/O, but it could make setting it up more complicated.

Thanks Chris!

At this stage, now that I think about it, I just want to run it into my XL and load some cabs so that I can hear what it would sound like through my FRFR setup.. does that make sense? My wording is obviously not on point, but that's essentially what I'm trying to achieve..

Thanks Chris!

At this stage, now that I think about it, I just want to run it into my XL and load some cabs so that I can hear what it would sound like through my FRFR setup.. does that make sense? My wording is obviously not on point, but that's essentially what I'm trying to achieve..
ok. then that'd be the Load Box which is the device that allows a real amp to get its speaker level output to a line input for another processor.

fractal makes one, there are several others available too. read up on load boxes, it should be what you're looking for.

ok. then that'd be the Load Box which is the device that allows a real amp to get its speaker level output to a line input for another processor.

fractal makes one, there are several others available too. read up on load boxes, it should be what you're looking for.
I would assume that is what the Suhr Reactive Load in the title would be?

I would assume that is what the Suhr Reactive Load in the title would be?
Yes. I’m letting him know there are others as well. He mentioned it there, but seems to not know that its function as it is the exact solution, so I’m just explaining things more drawn out.

The JJ Junior features an internal load and cab-simulated XLR output. Comparing this analog circuit to some of the most intricate computer-based IRs, Dave achieved a direct output you can proudly send to front of house or use in the studio. The JJ Junior also allows you to play "silently," meaning you can safely play the amp WITHOUT having a speaker cabinet connected. The XLR output includes a ground-lift, level, and center/edge of speaker cone simulation switches.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom