How to route computer audio to AX3's Input USB Block (Input 5/6)? (Remove Noise)

ApocalypticKatana

Experienced
I've read the manual and got nowhere

I'm using Windows as the Operating system.

My current solution is I have a Line Out from the computer's motherboard to the AX3's Input 2 (1/8'' split to 1/4'' cable) , which introduces some noise to the audio output.

My problem, is there a solution that let's me send the signal from the operating system to the AX3? ( I know I can use a DAW but I'm talking about using the audio coming out from a google chrome tab)

Choosing the AX3 as the speaker output of windows just sends the audio through the AX3 straight to the speaker when I want it to go through the block chain first for EQ'ing without introducing major noise signal, preferably using Input USB Block which should theoretically introduce the least amount of noise.

Last edited:
You can't at the moment - I think that would probably require an update the the FAS USB drivers, so they would expose all the different channels to windows, rather than just 1/2.

As a workaround though, you could have loopback cables between output 2 (assuming you don't use it) into input 2, 3 OR 4 and then use the IN 2/3/4 block in the grid.

- In Setup->I/O->Audio change USB Output Mapping so that USB 1/2 goes to OUT 2.

You can't at the moment - I think that would probably require an update the the FAS USB drivers, so they would expose all the different channels to windows, rather than just 1/2.

As a workaround though, you could have loopback cables between output 2 (assuming you don't use it) into input 2, 3 OR 4 and then use the IN 2/3/4 block in the grid.

- In Setup->I/O->Audio change USB Output Mapping so that USB 1/2 goes to OUT 2.

I'll probably relay that to the wish list!

Back
Top Bottom