How to reverse external switch globally

Smittefar

Axe-Master
I just got the Mission SP-25L 'Aero'. It has the cool feature that the base lights up, when the toe switch is engaged.

My problem is that AX8 thinks, the pedal is ON, when the light is OFF and vice versa. I could reverse the 'min' and 'max' settings in the modifier menu each time I use the button, but that is a bit cumbersome.

I tried setting up the pedal both as 'latching' and as a 'continous' controller - both settings result in the same behaviour.

I am using a TRS cable to connect to the pedal - Could this be a problem - Both Ax8 and Mission really states that I should use a TS cable for on/off switches.

In the end, I could just reverse the connections in my cable plug, but that would also be a bit annoying.

Any ideas?

Folks, a switch doesn't have a polarity. When it's on it's on. You cannot change this by tweaking the cable. Only if the switch inside the pedal is a dual throw type you could reverse the switch state. But this would void your guarantee. The only other way would be to have the AX8 software to interpret the open state as closed and vice versa.

So, @FractalAudio, you're saying, I should contact mission support. Might be a good idea. Do you have any idea, if it would help to switch to a TS cable?

@ChristThePhone; You are right of course - switching the cables wouldn't work - I'm tired.

Any other solutions then

I just got the Mission SP-25L 'Aero'. It has the cool feature that the base lights up, when the toe switch is engaged.

My problem is that AX8 thinks, the pedal is ON, when the light is OFF and vice versa. I could reverse the 'min' and 'max' settings in the modifier menu each time I use the button, but that is a bit cumbersome.

I tried setting up the pedal both as 'latching' and as a 'continous' controller - both settings result in the same behaviour.

I am using a TRS cable to connect to the pedal - Could this be a problem - Both Ax8 and Mission really states that I should use a TS cable for on/off switches.

In the end, I could just reverse the connections in my cable plug, but that would also be a bit annoying.

Any ideas?

So are you connecting the Toe Switch with a TS cable or a TRS cable?
I ask this because the Toe Switch uses a TS (regular 1/4 guitar cable) not a TRS (Tip Ring Sleeve cable).

Hmmm.... Just tried a TS cable - Then I get no reaction what so ever in the calibration window. The switch only works with a TRS cable, and then the lighting is reversed - Guess it's time for that e-mail to Mission support

I just did a few measurements on the output of the pedal

When the light is on, Tip and Sleeve are connected

When the light is off, Tip and Ring are connected

I also tried with a TS cable. In that case, Tip and Sleeve are connected regardless of whether the light is on or off.

I just did a few measurements on the output of the pedal
I also tried with a TS cable. In that case, Tip and Sleeve are connected regardless of whether the light is on or off.

So this means you could use an insert cable and plug the TRS end into the pedal (and the correct TS end into the AX8), or you build your own adapter cable.

Using an insert cable and the correct TS end, yes. You could do this before building an adapter cable to verify. Successfully building an adapter cable depends on your soldering skills. But hey, you can program the AX8 so building a cable should be a nit for you ;)

Back
Top Bottom