How to Resize Stuck AE Window

sprint

Axe-Master
I often move the AE window between my 2 screen and, often, it gets stuck between the two screen such that I can grab hold of the top area to move it (Frustrating). I have a situation now where the top 3rd of AE is off the top of my screen and I cannot get hold of if. My usual fix of going into the settings menu and resetting screen size is not doable as I also can't see the settings menu.

Any suggestions?

I've uninstalled / reinstalled and tried to resize my screen resolution with not luck on this silly issue.

Go to \Users\<Your Name>\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\ on your computer. In that folder you will find a file named 'Axe-Edit.settings'. Edit that file with Notepad.exe or such (it is an xml file) and find the following line within it (the numbers will be different and represents screen coordinates - in your case the first 2 will be negative)

<VALUE name="MAIN_WINDOW_STATE" val="0 0 1026 677"/>

Make that line read as above and save the file.

Or, if you don't mind losing AE settings you made, simply delete that file (will be recreated with defaults at AE startup).

Last edited:
Go to \Users\<Your Name>\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\ on your computer. In that folder you will find a file named 'Axe-Edit.settings'. Edit that file with Notepad.exe or such (it is an xml file) and find the following line within it (the numbers will be different and represents screen coordinates - in your case the first 2 will be negative)

<VALUE name="MAIN_WINDOW_STATE" val="0 0 1026 677"/>

Make that line read as above and save the file.

Or, if you don't mind losing AE settings you made, simply delete that file (will be recreated with defaults at AE startup).

This worked - thanks!

Use AE's shortcut key to maximize the window. That will fix it.

Thought of that but could not find reference to a shortcut in the manual and could not access the settings menu to see what the shortcut is. Got it posted in my work area now ( SHIFT-W !!!). Thanks Yek

What's weird though is that, even when resizing the window, the very top bar is still not visible so I still can't move it around. At least I can now see what I'm doing.

On my laptop, the default values are

<VALUE name="MAIN_WINDOW_STATE" val="170 31 1026 677"/>

that would provide 170 pixels to the left and 31 to the top, so the whole window should be visible, although 0, 0 should work too (weird).

What's weird though is that, even when resizing the window, the very top bar is still not visible so I still can't move it around.

Now that you mention that, I'm pretty sure I cannot move my Axe-Edit window like I can with every windows based software.

I'm on a Mac. So, if I am running multiple things, AE is always visible around the perimeter of whatever else I'm trying to do.

I'm pretty sure I cannot move my Axe-Edit window like I can with every windows based software.

huh? it's a window just like any other app and should be able to be moved around. heck i even screen cap it live when i stream and can move it around and the screen cast app keeps focused on the axe-edit container.

What's weird though is that, even when resizing the window, the very top bar is still not visible so I still can't move it around. At least I can now see what I'm doing.

I have this issue to on my new macbook pro . I thought the proboem was me as its my first mac. the AE window is stuck to the very top of the screen under the taskbar and I cant access it

I have this issue to on my new macbook pro . I thought the proboem was me as its my first mac. the AE window is stuck to the very top of the screen under the taskbar and I cant access it

Solutions are provided in the posts above.

Back
Top Bottom