how to reproduce fluttering effect on Axe FX

taavila

Hi guys from Fractal community, Some times ago I've posted a doubt here, but no answers, at time I couldn't get understood the effect in order to explain you because I cant post link here. I'd like to know if is possible to simulate a whamy bar flutering on axe fx. For those who not know the flutter effect, its the sound made when you hit the whamy bar when holdding a note. On you tube has a movie called "steve vai tremolo bar" which he reproduces this effect at 1':45'' repeat again at 1':59'' and 3':22''. These effect only can be reproduced in floating bridge guitars. Fortunatelly the old stompbox Boss super shifter PS5 simulates these effect, when you put it as a first effect on the chain and right set it for flutter. These also can be seen in the movie "Pedalboard Tapete Mágico (Roberto Torao)" on you tube at 11':56'' up to 12':22''. I believe that the configuration of these stompbox is changing quickly the pitch and that is possible to setting up the axe fx to do the same. Someone know how to reproduce these effect on the axe fx.???. These effect is wonderfull for les pauls guitars or no floating bridges. Sorry to not post the links directly here, but it's not allowed for new members until reache 10th post..

Thank you

Last edited:
should be able to do this with a pitch block with the pitch/detune set to a fast lfo, and the bypass state set to a momentary foot switch.

Thank you Paranoid.. I'll try that.. is this case the same effect? I said that because on bar fluttering the pitch floats up and down around the note, and in the way that exposed the note will float down and at the note by lfo working, its right?

The trick will be to get the amplitude of the lfo to taper down once you engage it. I'm not sure if it's possible but if you could attach an asdr modifier to the lfo that might be worth a try

The trick will be to get the amplitude of the lfo to taper down once you engage it. I'm not sure if it's possible but if you could attach an asdr modifier to the lfo that might be worth a try

This is actually along the same line I was thinking. Use a momentary IA switch to trigger it, but only trigger the lfo once. One tap, one flutter. I'm not by my AFX now, but later I might try to whip something up. I'm intrigued now.

ADSR can only be triggered by the input envelope. So it's not going to be tough to trigger it while you are playing only certain notes unless you use the threshold and play the vibrato notes much harder to differentiate them.

The simplest way to control it would be to assign an expression pedal or momentary switch to the Depth parameter of the LFO. Zero depth = no vibrato. Max depth = max vibrato. Use damping to slow the transition, making the vibrato depth ramp up and down.

Back
Top Bottom