How to remove a corrupt preset that hangs the Axe-FX II?

AlbertA

Fractal Fanatic
So I have a preset that's hanging the axe-fx at location 107... As soon as I change from 106 to 107 Axe-FX hangs. When I reboot it, it's back in 106, so I cannot use the "Hold the RECALL" button to make it blank.

Trying to clear it with Axe-Edit also results in a hang... is there any way to clear just that preset any other way? Or should I just bite the bullet and go into the secret menu and clear all banks?

I suspect this is also the reason FractalBot also can't backup Bank A at all (axe-fx hangs as well)

How about using the front panel to save an existing ok preset to that 107 slot ... does that work?

Other than that, if you've a lot of not yet backed up custom presets, it might be a case of exporting your presets (except 107) from your Bank one by one via Axe-Edit and then load in a fresh Factory Bank A (or older saved Bank A of your own) via FB and then import your previously exported presets one by one.

Beer, coffee and more beer would be needed to get you through that I think ....

How about using the front panel to save an existing ok preset to that 107 slot ... does that work?

Other than that, if you've a lot of not yet backed up custom presets, it might be a case of exporting your presets (except 107) from your Bank one by one via Axe-Edit and then load in a fresh Factory Bank A (or older saved Bank A of your own) via FB and then import your previously exported presets one by one.

Beer, coffee and more beer would be needed to get you through that I think ....

Hah, yes! Thanks that worked.

Make sure that you haven't only swapt the bad preset and is now in the place where the preset was which you used to overwrite preset 107.

Back
Top Bottom