How To Record Like Bulb (Periphery)?

Like everyone has said, owning bulbs equiptment will not make you sound like him unfortunately, it is very much down to the skills of the person using the equiptment. But as youve used bulb as your example, I will say that he uses fractal for all his guitars, superior drummer 2.0 for all his programmed drums, he was using a pod x3 for bass (but you could definately get satisfactory results from tweaking your axe fx. He has used a wide variety of monitors and interfaces over the years. For interfaces whilst he has used presonus in the past as far as I'm aware he has most recently used RME in his home studio. He has in the past used mackie monitors, although I did recently read him saying that his favourite monitors in that sort of price range are Adam a5x's. There's no need for a midi controller to do anything that he does, and as far as the computer goes you could definately get away with spending considerably less that a thousand as long as you shop around. Again, this won't magically make you sound him, but the items I have listed are what he personally considers the best for his home studio setup, and I'm sure you could get all that and still have a fair bit of change left over from your 5k budget

no such thing, sorry.

MIDI is a protocoll, nothing more, no sound information in it. channel, note number, velocity, aftertouch, release velocity, yes - even program changes, continuos controllers etc, but NO sound.

MIDI triggers sounds. That is its sole purpose. So MIDI sounds = sounds triggered by MIDI is an accurate description and in the context of the page I wrote as a heads up it's stated how to use it and what it does ( I touched on duration + velocity and the need to load VST soundbanks prior to opening a MIDI grid already so again, a moot point ).
An electric guitar isnt an accurate description either because you dont plug it directly into a mains outlet ? ;)
The Axe FX II isnt actually made up of 2 axes ? ;)
*tosses you a beer*
Come on, it's the weekend.
And to the OP, good luck with MIDI, it's not only useful but fun !

Wow... I would recommend getting a decent computer with lots of processor power. Superior drummer 2 with the metal foundry. You have to know how midi works to program the drums. Decent monitors would be mackie or yamaha. The adams can be too bright and not enough low end. But they rock if you know how they work.
You can use the axe fx as your external soundcard. I use RME though.
5 grand is a lot of money to throw at a project. If you spend this amount of money you have to promise yourself that you will actually learn how to use it and read a lot on the internet. If not, that amount of money is a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom