How to quickly bypass newly added blocks across all 8 scenes?

JSXtremist

Inspired
Hey all! Any time I add a new block to a preset, I have to go to each scene and bypass it. Is there a way to have whatever new blocks I add to presets bypassed by default across all 8 scenes?

Last edited:
Hey all! I'm just going to post any random questions I have on using the Axe-Fx III here. First up...

Any time I add a new block to a preset, I have to go to each scene and bypass it. Is there a way to have whatever new blocks I add to a preset bypassed by default across all 8 scenes?
Random questions are fine, but use separate threads and titles that describe the problem or question. Those help keep the thread smaller and on topic and help others know whether they want to participate or read the thread. Mmmkay?

Hey all! I'm just going to post any random questions I have on using the Axe-Fx III here. First up...

Any time I add a new block to a preset, I have to go to each scene and bypass it. Is there a way to have whatever new blocks I add to presets bypassed by default across all 8 scenes?
By default? No. Scene Manager will allow you to bypass the block quickly. You'll find it in Axe-Edit.

Any time I add a new block to a preset, I have to go to each scene and bypass it. Is there a way to have whatever new blocks I add to a preset bypassed by default across all 8 scenes?
The Scene Manager is your friend.

Switch to it, select the particular block in a column, or click the block then click the crosshairs in the manager, then use the drop down box in the column or row header to enable/disable en masse.

I usually do this, using the editor..
  1. Add (or Select) the desired block
  2. Click on the 'Blocks' tab at the top of the editor to open the drop-down menu
  3. Hover the mouse over 'All Scenes' to open another drop-down menu
  4. Choose 'Bypass', Engage', or 'Set to A', or B, etc...
  5. The editor quickly goes through all 8 scenes, and makes the change.
  6. Re-Save the preset

Last edited:
  2. Click on the 'Blocks' tab at the top of the editor to open the drop-down menu
  6. Re-Save the preset
^^^ This.

Random questions are fine, but use separate threads and titles that describe the problem or question. Those help keep the thread smaller and on topic and help others know whether they want to participate or read the thread. Mmmkay?

The title and posted question seem clear to me, not sure what the beef is. Anyhow, reading the responses answered a question I had myself. I’ve been doing it the hard way for a long time now.

6. Re-Save the preset
That's what I do.

The title and posted question seem clear to me, not sure what the beef is. Anyhow, reading the responses answered a question I had myself. I’ve been doing it the hard way for a long time now.

6. Re-Save the preset

Seemed like several people feel forum topics should be specific, so I'll try to post that way (rather than make one "Random Questions" thread) for any current or future questions I have. No worries. Thanks for the help everyone! What @Moke mentioned plus the Scene Manager are perfect!

In addition to what’s been stated above about Scene Manager, there is a keyboard shortcut for this.

⌘/Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar = Bypass Selected Block in All Scenes
⌘/Ctrl+Spacebar = Engage Selected Block in All Scenes

I use this shortcut religiously!

I have always added them in scene 1 then bypassed it in scene 1 and it will be bypassed in all of the scenes then I would activate the block in the scenes I want the block on. This is the fastest way for me.

I have always added them in scene 1 then bypassed it in scene 1 and it will be bypassed in all of the scenes then I would activate the block in the scenes I want the block on. This is the fastest way for me.
Unless you used one of the mentioned methods above then that won't work. Disabling a block in one scene has no effect on other scenes.

Back
Top Bottom