How to protect FM3+FC6 rear connections on a pedalboard?

That’s kind of what I was thinking, except I don’t think it would stand up to someone stepping directly on it, and who knows what sort of damage would happen then.

The idea of the aluminum angle still appeals to me, especially if I put two, back to back, and bolt them together. Together they should hold a lot of weight.
The metal handle that I put on my pedalboard has been stepped on several times, and has been perfectly fine. Because it's mounted directly to the pedalboard, and has rubber feet underneath the board (which the screws go through), any weight applied to it is directly transferred to the stage without the board even flexing. It's about as idiot-proof as I can make it :) even they keep making more powerful idiots... The key is really that it saves me from pretty much any normal "oops I didn't mean to step there" accident. If Wiley Coyote decides to drop an anvil onto my pedalboard, I'm probably out of luck.

The metal handle that I put on my pedalboard has been stepped on several times, and has been perfectly fine. Because it's mounted directly to the pedalboard, and has rubber feet underneath the board (which the screws go through), any weight applied to it is directly transferred to the stage without the board even flexing. It's about as idiot-proof as I can make it :) even they keep making more powerful idiots... The key is really that it saves me from pretty much any normal "oops I didn't mean to step there" accident. If Wiley Coyote decides to drop an anvil onto my pedalboard, I'm probably out of luck.
Can you post a picture? It sounds like a good alternate idea.

Oh, and if Wiley Coyote tried to drop an anvil it’d hit him. That trick never worked. :)

The Temple mod kits would allow you to run your connections with 90 degree connectors from the backs then under the board to connectors on the side. Not sure if having them on the side would give you any better protection though. https://www.templeaudio.com/mods

Back
Top Bottom