How to Play to Backing Tracks

Hi Guys,
I am just waiting on receiving my AX8 just have a question about playing to backing tracks of famous artists etc. I just want to know I'm on the right track when i get my unit. Ok i have a audio interface and my Daw is reaper my Monitor is a Line 6 Power Cab 112. Step 1. Connect AX8 to audio Interface. Step 2. Connect Line 6 Power Cab to audio Interface. Step 3. Connect audio interface to computer by Usb. Step 4. Launch Reaper and assign all the stuff. Step 5. Load backing track into Reaper. Job done. If i am totally off please tell me never done anything like this before. Do i need extra monitors for backing track or will it come out the line 6 Cab along with my guitar tone. Do i need a mixer? All these things going through my head, my head is going to explode and its probably easy when you sit back and think. Thanks guys for all your input and if anyone has a easy way of doing this please tell me. Rock on

that should work with out a mixer, you should be able to mix levels in the daw with out much trouble. if you do not plug into an interface and your monitor is connected to the ax-8n output 1 you can also get a 1/8 trs to double 1/4 ts insert cable and plug it into input 2, put an effects loop block at the end of your preset and you can plug the 1/8 inch end to a phone, ipod, computer or what ever that has head phone output and play it through the ax-8.

that should work with out a mixer, you should be able to mix levels in the daw with out much trouble. if you do not plug into an interface and your monitor is connected to the ax-8n output 1 you can also get a 1/8 trs to double 1/4 ts insert cable and plug it into input 2, put an effects loop block at the end of your preset and you can plug the 1/8 inch end to a phone, ipod, computer or what ever that has head phone output and play it through the ax-8.
Awesome even easier for a quick setup thanks a lot mate, might wreck your brain again for more info hope you don't mind.

Just one more question mate when you put the effects loop block at the end of preset, is there any stuff to do or change when you click on the block settings are anything

I do not remember having to make any changes in the block to make it work, it has been a wile since I set up all my presets. I got my AX-8 in 2016.

Back
Top Bottom