How to play sample in a preset?

pierre.pan

Hi everybody,

I don't know if that i want to do is possible. I would like to play a sample (wav or mp3) in a preset, like a guitar, as i can modify it with filter, flanger...in real time, in axe edit. I have tried to send the sample from my laptop (headphone output) to the input 1 or input 2 (return), but the sound don't pass in the preset. The sound go out, as i play the sample with just an usb connection. I think the sample go to the axe through the usb port, and not via the headphone output, so i can't have any action on it with axe edit.

is there a possibility to do that, just in one preset, without guitar playing?

Thanks a lot,

Pierre

Did you add the FX Loop block to the preset when connected to Input 2?

FXL - (blocks to process sound here) - Output block (end of grid)

Was there any activity on the Input 2 LED meter?

If you used just one cable, make sure it was at In 2L and not In 2R.

I would check connections again, then try the same routing with guitar > In 2L.

this is the input 2, i have check and i don't found the solution, perhaps if i play the sample with a third device int the input2...

Were the Input 2 LEDs next to the display lighting up when you tried to send audio to Input 2?

You can just try connecting a guitar to Input 2L. Replace the first block/shunt in any working preset with the FX Loop block.

If you're not hearing guitar with the above test, you can check for an issue with the Input 2 auto-switching by leaving a cable at Input 2 and plugging the guitar into the Instrument input with another cable. If you hear guitar then (with FXL in line as before, replacing a block/shunt) this would indicate the Axe-FX isn't sensing the cable at In 2L and is simply passing the FXL block input to output. (I'm not sure how common this is, but that would be the symptom if it occurred.)

Hi i have tried with an mp3 player and it works, so i think this is the simple thing to do! thanks a lot for your help!

Back
Top Bottom