How to play/record along to song without guitar

Fizz

Inspired
Just wanting to make my practice/recording more enjoyable by playing along with the real song. Is there any easy way to remove the guitars or get mine to sit in the mix better so I can better hear more of me and less of the artist? I usually find that I cannot hear myself well or I am too loud and I can't hear all the other instruments/singer well.

Izotope Rx
Tried the demo and is one of if not the best at this.
It will take a track and separate out all the main elements where you change levels.
But this amazing technology is not cheap.

I saw a video that @Mark Day did recently and he uses it too. Do you use the app or the online version from your computer?
I use the web version. I upload an audio file and it separates out vocals/drums/bass/other. I turn the level for "other" down (I get better results turning that way down instead of muting it completely). Amazing quality and it's only $40 a year.

However, my first choice when looking for a backing track is karaoke-version.com. High quality backing tracks for peanuts. If I can't find what I'm looking for there, then I'll use moises.ai.

I use the web version. I upload an audio file and it separates out vocals/drums/bass/other. I turn the level for "other" down (I get better results turning that way down instead of muting it completely). Amazing quality and it's only $40 a year.

However, my first choice when looking for a backing track is karaoke-version.com. High quality backing tracks for peanuts. If I can't find what I'm looking for there, then I'll use moises.ai.
Thanks for the explanation on how it works and also the link to the backing track site. I'll check those out.

It probably is using this algorithm: https://github.com/facebookresearch/demucs

It was a great idea to make an app with ability to separate tracks, change speed, etc. It puts like 3 apps into one, and you can run it on the phone or an iPad.

I use python from the command line to run tracks through, I haven't had a bad one yet. I used to think this was impossible without a karaoke-guitar version being made, that and the old backing tracks site that Ultimate Guitar had acquired, I think, and then had to shut it down. We are so lucky to have these great guitars, modelers, amps, etc. I could pick up the lowest end Charvel model they have at the music store, and it is already setup pretty close to perfect, plays great, sounds great and ~ $1000.

Back
Top Bottom