How to manually change param under Modifier (MIDI CC) control?

Fotukito

Inspired
Wondering if there's a trick / workaround for this situation:

I have an External Controller assigned to a MIDI CC and used as a Modifier for a Block parameter. The MIDI CC is sourced by an app used during gigging, which works great.

Sometimes when tweaking presets I want to quickly change that Block parameter. Since it's controlled by the Modifier, changes are disallowed except via the assigned External/MIDI CC. However, in this situation the app function to send the CC is not easily accessible to me.

So I'm wondering if there's some other way of augmenting or overriding that External Controller, from Axe-Edit or the front panel so I can manually change the Block parameter without having to send MIDI? (I can temporarily edit the Modifier to force the change, but I'm sure I'd eventually forget to restore it and screw up the preset!)

I know this is against the design intent, but just wondering if anyone else has had a similar need and knew some clever tricks...

And on mac you can use 'sendmidi'.
It was for another use, but I showed it in action here:

Thanks @sean.e and @Callan, great solution! I'm indeed always connected to my Mac during this editing process so it's easy enough to send it from the Mac. (Doh! Not sure why I didn't think of that approach!) I made a few tiny MIDI files I can easily 'play' from the Mac for canned settings using a 'MidiKit' utility I have there. (And SendMIDI will be useful for more arbitrary settings.)

If it's controlled by one of the external controllers #1-#16, they have startup values in a global menu and when you change value there it takes affect at once. That's the way to do it from the hardware.

Back
Top Bottom