How to make patches go to both outputs

bgrizzmayne

Inspired
Hey guys-

I'm still a n00b at axe routing, and don't understand why some patches I load up only go to output 1 and some only to output 2. Yek's, for example, go with cab emulation to output 1, then via an FX block, go to output 2 without cab emulation. But when I disable that FX loop, output 1 is the only one that works.

Some patches i get on the axe change only work for output 1 and etc. I have copy output 1 to output 2 enabled, so I don't see why everything doesn't just go to both?

Edit: actually deleting the FX block did allow Yek's presets to output the same thing to both 1 & 2. But there's a patch on the Axe Change for streets titled "ACBaseToneTape" that only outputs to 1, rather than 2. It's a pretty standard patch, with one parallel delay. Just don't get why it's not outputting to both.

FX loop needs to be engaged on any patch you want to feed Output 2. Run a connector from the grid row of your preset, after the last block you want sent to output 2 (usually after FX and before Cab) and run that connector to the FX loop block.

depeneds on what you're trying to accomplish. if you want the same signal out to both outputs (cab IR"S "ON") just set copy 1 to 2 to be on.
Otherwise you can route out to output 2 without a cab IR by placing the FX loop block somewhere in your chain before the speaker block
or you can branc down and add eq to your taste. here is an example of one of my patches. I create my patches first with the cab blocks and
then try to eq my real cab to sound as close as possible so I can run
both outputs in stereo at the same time (sounds great that way)
I have found with 11.03 that I need less and less of this additional Eq-ing though
GeqformarkIIC_zpsf2332948.png

Multiple signals, Output 2 signal

The Axe-Fx II lets you send separate output signals. For example, Output 1 is stereo and goes into a mixing table (with cabinet simulation), while Output 2 is mono and feeds to a monitor or real amp/guitar cabinet (without cabinet simulaton).
Methods:
Copy Out1 > Out2. Enable “Copy Out1 > Out2” in I/O. The Axe-Fx II will duplicate the Output 1 signal and send it through Output 2. The Output 2 EQ (Global menu) lets you tailor the tone (independent of Output 1). The Output 1 knob at the front controls the level of Output 1, the Output 2 knob does the same with Output 2. This method DOES NOT WORK with presets that contain a FXL block (effects loop).
FXL block. Insert a FXL block, make it part of the routing (in series or in a parallel row) but don't connect it to the grid output. The signal before the FXL block is sent to Output 2. This method is more flexible than the one above because the position of the FXL block determines which part of the signal is being sent. For example, placing FXL before or after a Cabinet block determines whether the Output 2 signal includes cabinet simulation or not.
Factory preset 381 is a template for sending a signal to FOH (with cab simulation) and a signal to an external amp and cabinet (no cab simulation).
Also see Connecting through the effects loop.

Reactions: Rex
Enable “Copy Out1 > Out2” in I/O. The Axe-Fx II will duplicate the Output 1 signal and send it through Output 2...

This method DOES NOT WORK with presets that contain a FXL block (effects loop).
That last sentence is the key to what's going on, and why Output 2 behaves differently for different presets or settings. If the preset has an FXL block, then the COPY OUT1>OUT2 funciton doesn't work.

Multiple signals, Output 2 signal

while Output 2 is mono and feeds to a monitor or real amp/guitar cabinet (without cabinet simulaton).

Is this true even if Cab modelling is on and there is a cab block in the chain?? (assuming I have NOT set it to Copy Out1 > Out2) (or does that setting matter?)Thanks for the help.

Actually this brings me to another question, I send one FXL to the house mixer, and one to my monitor? If I want to turn my monitor mix up can I just increase the AXE FX output level for output 1 (the one that goes to my monitor) without touching output 2 (the one that goes to the front of the house?

Actually this brings me to another question, I send one FXL to the house mixer, and one to my monitor? If I want to turn my monitor mix up can I just increase the AXE FX output level for output 1 (the one that goes to my monitor) without touching output 2 (the one that goes to the front of the house?

if you're using a full range monitor, you don't need to use the FXL block. just turn on "copy out 1 to out 2". the two volume controls on the front of the axe still work independently, so you can turn your monitor up or down without affecting the foh send.

if you're using a full range monitor, you don't need to use the FXL block. just turn on "copy out 1 to out 2". the two volume controls on the front of the axe still work independently, so you can turn your monitor up or down without affecting the foh send.

Wow even easier... I Like you simeon.

Back
Top Bottom