I´ve seen a lot of presents sold on line, but I didn´t think they sound better than the ones from factory.
I love hard rock and heavy metal bands.
I love the guitar sounds in Anthrax, Dream Theater, Extreme, Metallica, Van Halen, Def Leppard (live).

I specially like 5153 and Savageness.
The Diezel lacks deffinition.

Which pack should I buy to make my AX8 sounds better?

I´ve seen a lot of presents sold on line, but I didn´t think they sound better than the ones from factory.
I love the guitar sounds in Anthrax, Dream Theater, Extreme, Metallica, Van Halen, Def Leppard (live).

do you mean presets?what presets have you bought?

I haven´t bought any yet.
I really love the factory sounds, but I wonder if it´s possible to make it sounds better buying on line presets.

With Fractal, tones can vary a lot depending on... how you're monitoring, guitar and pick-ups, how loud (whether bedroom or gig volume). So I have found very few shared presets that sound exactly the way I would like them. For me, the main benefit of free or paid presets is to learn how others are tuning things to get better sounds. As you get a few examples of that and compare, you'll get insights that help you fine tune your own sounds. So I would start with free ones. Just my two cents.

I haven´t bought any yet.
I really love the factory sounds, but I wonder if it´s possible to make it sounds better buying on line presets.
ahh ok well i was asking because you said this"but I didn´t think they sound better than the ones from factory" and i thought you already bought some seller presets.

well for me some of the factory presets are pretty cool,but custom presets sound awesome,try the presets from Fremen,Glenn DeLaune,Marco Fanton,Choptones,Andrea Puxeddu,Austinbuddy,also you have to do your home work,research and research,download presets from the Axe Exchange,watch youtube videos etc etc,on the axe exchange do a search for Glenn DeLaune,Mark Day Guitar..

The first thing I would suggest going through the Tech Notes forum and reading up on the different sections of of the amp block. Gain structure, the differences between the different volume controls, gain controls, input trim, power supply tweaks and transformer info.

If you're still having trouble after going through those threads and before buying any presets, I'd suggest downloading @2112's presets which he offers at no charge. His are a great place to start if you're struggling creating your own presets. From there I'd suggest buying a cab pack that has the cabinets you're used to for the tone you want. Buying a cab pack and Cab Lab helped me tremendously. I am particular about how an amp is mic'd so having the ability to choose the IR with the mic placement I prefer, then mixing that with a room IR and back of cabinet IR made all the difference in the world for me.

It's better to learn it and create the presets yourself, but if you do not have time or want to do it yourself, I would always recommend Fremen's presets, maybe the Metal & Brit pack for you ...

Go look for Leon Todd's presets (forum name 2112).
He has a bunch of free presets that are all hard rock/metal.

Another vote for Leon's presets. The thing is, it doesn't matter how much knowledge you have on advanced parameters, tech notes, etc if you don't have a great ear. I have maybe a mediocre ear and I can get some good tones but some people just get a better sound it seems. The problem is most presets don't translate Exact due to monitoring and guitar differences. Anyway I've had the most luck with Leon's for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom