How to make Dumble Steel String Singer Preset

FWIW, since this thread just got bumped at a time where I may have just found the SSS mother lode,
thought I would share that for those Kemper users out there, MBritt recently released what I believe is the best sounding Dumbly style amp he (or perhaps anyone) has ever profiled/modeled….
It has truly blown my mind in the last 24 hours, especially when blended with the III’s effects and cab Modeling…
Read about it here if you dare..
https://mbritt.com/2021/07/12/new-grammatico-sss-pack/

Austin Buddy mentioned Brandon of Bludotone in his post. So I tracked down his High Plain Drifter amp and profiled it. Absolutely great amp!
That's why I'm trying to get it in the FM3.

Cheers,

Mats N

I am looking into the Dumble thing from the perspective of persons and or companies trying to replicate the different versions of the Dumble in a real amp. One of them is Amplification Nation. In any case, if you look into the various schematics that exist on the internet you will find that the basic Dumble amp goes from a clean pre-amp (style fender black) into drive amp. Its power supply is very stiff giving it a firm tight feeling dynamic response ( per this site). Not sure following a schematic would help in designing a FM9 or III dumble style preset based on its component flow but maybe worth a try. Maybe use some very clean amp block to start with that then flows into a more driven style amp block with EQ blocks and or drive blocks placed by testing etc. Cab(s) would probably be some 4x10. Here is another site that shows its methodology in creating a dumble clean sound.

Back
Top Bottom