How to make an IR from official Mesa Boogie cab pack and presets?

NaN

Hi,

I use the two notes wall of sound plugin and the official mesa boogie 4x12 recto studio IR pack all the time. The additional official MB preset with four different mics mixed makes it all really glorious imo. With it they captured the cab extremely well. I was wondering if I could make an IR of that somehow and use it in the FM3 when it comes out.

Is it possible and can someone point me in the right direction how to do that please?

@iaresee That looks very easy, Thank you!
I hope the FM3 has the same functionality...
Also this seems mono. Is it save to presume i just have to do this twice (only the panned left, only the one panned right)?

This will be so awesome! :)

Also this seems mono. Is it save to presume i just have to do this twice (only the panned left, only the one panned right)?
Correct. IRs are mono. If you have a stereo setup in the Two Note you'd capture the left and right channels as separate IRs and then, when you use them in a Fractal product, you'd hard pan them left and right in the CAB block.

I should say, capturing IRs like this isn't exactly...right. It's of dubious moral and ethical integrity.

Thx for clarifying that @iaresee.

About capturing IRs like this. Good to point that out. But In this case I really don't have a moral dilemma in capturing and using an IR from a IR/CAB that I both already own and paid for. :)

Thx for clarifying that @iaresee.

About capturing IRs like this. Good to point that out. But In this case I really don't have a moral dilemma in capturing and using an IR from a IR/CAB that I both already own and paid for. :)
But you paid for them for a specific use case. ;)

Back
Top Bottom