how to make a wah wah also level boost when activated?

gatgod77

Hi,noob here,I have a mission ep 1 pedal and i'd like to use it as a wah with a level boost for my leads,eg

rythm channel - engage wah with level boost for lead - disengage wah back to rythm channel?

any help would be appreciated \m/

if you want a mid boost you might be able to add an eq and make it engage when the wah comes on ...pretty sure there is a way to do it

I've tried this recently....I don't hear even a slight difference.
Cranked the level all the way up.....nothing.
I was gonna post a question about it.
Anyone else try this recently? (V10.2)

Maybe you're expecting a boost like turning up level at the amp block or later. Boosting before the amp is different, especially with a lot of amp drive/compression. I didn't check 10.02 but wah level works fine in 10.05.

You can get the first kind of boost but the IA (or autoengage) needs to adjust level or engage something post-amp.

Maybe you're expecting a boost like turning up level at the amp block or later. Boosting before the amp is different, especially with a lot of amp drive/compression. I didn't check 10.02 but wah level works fine in 10.05.

You can get the first kind of boost but the IA (or autoengage) needs to adjust level or engage something post-amp.

That's exactly what I'm going for....a volume boost.
(I believe the OP was going for that as well).

So seems like the best solution is to engage another filter/eq/whatever - for that IA control

That's exactly what I'm going for....a volume boost.
(I believe the OP was going for that as well).

So seems like the best solution is to engage another filter/eq/whatever - for that IA control

Are you sure you need a volume boost when you engage your wah. Wah wah seems to be the type of effect that cuts through with ease. You have tried this in a band context?
But yeah adding level or gain before the amp will only increase saturation if you're using a saturated amp. If you are using a clean amp with headroom to spare then boosting the level in the wah block will increase the overall volume when the is engaged.
You could use a scene to activate the wah and boost simultaneously. This would mean a little foot switch dancing but you wouldn't have to program a cc message in the axe. Whatever works best for ya. Endless possibilities really.

6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I,ve struggled with this as well. How to get the wah louder / more "present" in a hi-gain patch:
-boosting signal to wah block works a bit but then boosts the amp so no good.
-boosting post amp when wah engaged just makes the patch louder so no good
-boosting wah block level works a bit but not enough for some higher gain patches.

I,ve struggled with this as well. How to get the wah louder / more "present" in a hi-gain patch:
-boosting signal to wah block works a bit but then boosts the amp so no good.
-boosting post amp when wah engaged just makes the patch louder so no good
-boosting wah block level works a bit but not enough for some higher gain patches.

Kick in a compressor block, post amp, to make the whole preset more in your face. I like the post amp position for this application because then the compressor doesn't seem to affect the pick dynamics of the preset as much as before the amp.

Ax or Real amp/ wah, it's allways been my observation that a wah just loses more of it's definition the higher the gain goes! I've never been able to find a way to add back the definition without lowering gain!

boosting in front of the amp will just give you more gain...not level. as someone said earlier, put a null filter block after the amp, +3db, set to autoengage with the same external that you're using to control the wah (and autoengage it with). if you wanna get clever, autoengage a delay block at the same time

I noticed with high gain presets that adding the wah can push your sound to have a high pitched squeal. My remedy was to actually have the wah reduce level by ~ -4db's to counter act the added gain of the wah.

Back
Top Bottom