how to link delay to first two beats of measure only

randombastage

Experienced
I'm trying to get something like a dotted eighth note delay with maybe three or four repeat trailing off but I want only the notes played in the first half of the measure to have delay on them and then any notes played in the second half of the measure will be without but let the repeats or "trails" of the effect play into into the second half of the measure like they would normally. So anything played on the down beat of 3 or after will have no delay but the trails from a note played prior to that down beat can continue to repeat on through and fade away into the 3, ah, and, uh, 4, ah, and, uh part of measure.
(I hope this makes sense)

I was thinking an lfo sweep the mix in and out to tempo..or some kind of slicer effect only cutting only the delay but not sure how to set it up.
Has anyone done this before?

You could do that with expression pedal attached to input gain of the delay. Just put your delay block in parallel row, so that when input gain is 0 you would not mute the sound.

Square LFO set to whole note and controlling input gain would work if you start it on 1 and stay in sync w/ the Axe tempo. You can route in serial if you want; input gain doesn't affect the dry signal.

Back
Top Bottom