How to know the percentage of the Output Levels on front?

I label my whole life. Drives everyone else nuts but it helps me stay organized.
Oh, and by the way, why is a ladle in with the spatulas, and who around doesn't know the difference between string and rope?!
I'd never find anything in my garage if it wasn't for the copious labels I employ there. But I do classify string and rope such that they occupy the same bin :).

...just seems like people are blowing the "need" way out of proportion
Needs are subjective. We play to a backing track and our 'out 1s' are at 50%. You would think being able to tell the knob was a high noon would be easy enough but they get moved and it makes a difference. I also make volume notes on tracks I record so if I have to punch back in knowing precise volumes are a bonus.

Labels are great. I wore out my label maker and just adapted to a newer, industrial strength one. I've got a used roll of gaffing tape on one of the mixers beside me. I prefer simple solutions where they suffice. And when dealing with level settings on a sophisticated machine that can report them accurately on the fly, I appreciate the ergonomics of not having to switch context to spot check, verify.

The Fractal gear has always been about handiness for me, not "need." Several folks have presented compelling use cases and experience... What is the seemingly pervasive "need" to weigh down the exploration of reasonable enhancement ideas?

Last edited:
I don’t get it. People have been playing live electric guitar for 70 years. Turning a knob to a favorite position has been the method of choice. It’s wonderfully repeatable, unbeatably fast, and as precise as you’ll ever need. What’s the benefit of “I always run my output knob at exactly 73%, and I need to know if I screwed up and set it to 72%.”?
I’m as old school as anyone. I’m just saying that an output knob with numbers isnt a bad idea. Just 1-10 would be fine for me, but 1-11 would show a sense of humor.

Back
Top Bottom