How to keep guitar from sliding?

Heisterkamp Classic style straps simple leather. Howbeit: anything souple, not padded and large. The padding tends to rigidify the strap so when playing sitting down it will slip of your shoulder all the time..

I'm going to try the Neotech Harness. I don't have high expectations, but my curiosity insists I try it. It looks gimmicky, it's expensive, and it probably won't fit well, but then again it might work. I can always return it and try something else. Lots of great suggestions here. :)

I don't know if it's been recommended already but the combination of a small foot stool and a mono betty strap works amazing. I think I got my foot still for like $15 on Amazon and the strap is a little expensive but super comfortable

3M gray rubber grip tape sold at ACE Hardware stores by the foot.

View attachment 55499

View attachment 55498
I'd be hesitant to use this on a Nitro finish.
Anyone remember a company called 'Guitar Defender'?
They sold a plastic film in the shape of your guitar that stuck to the back of your guitar (like a cell phone protection screen).
I put one on a Les Paul....and when I took it off, it was gooey underneath with melting plastic residue. Had to be scrapped off and then the guitar had to be wet sanded and buffed.

The Nitro paint releases gas (for many years) and the gas reacted with the plastic (which is not breathable obviously) and it made a disgusting mess.
Another odd thing - that entire issue/problem also caused the plastic control cover to crack. No idea how or why.

So yeah - I'd resist putting anything on the guitar that isn't breathable....and even if it's breathable, it may be a risk.

Guitar defender went out of business - surprise surprise

Back
Top Bottom