How to get this sound?

Eman7422

Inspired
Since there is no DS-1 from Boss in Ax8, any suggestions or tips to get this tone: DS-1, Tone at 9 o’clock or less, distortion at 1-2 o’clock into a relatively flat Marshall sounding clean.

The other issue is there is no clean Marshall channel (master volume) amp modeled, so suggestions there as well would be helpful.

Last edited:
Edited my post.....see above.

What sound am I looking for......the sound of a boss DS-1 into the clean channel of a Marshall clean channel master volume amp.

Was working with the ruckus and JVM green with trim turned down, getting close, will try the JCM800 and jubilee as well.

Also, tweaked the jvmjs410 orange, I think lead, with no dirt box pretty close, but still work to do.

DS-1 does have some unusual smoothness about it when set right, trying to dial that into the ax8.

IMO the LED-Drive model is closest to the DS-1.

Don't know why you'd specifically want a model based on a MV-equipped Marshall, but here you go:

• Plexi 2004
  • Brit 800
  • Brit 800 #34
  • Brit AFS100 2

Master volume, because the distortion is not intended to come from the power tubes but rather from the DS-1 and perhaps a bit preamp.

Believe this is a key to the consistency of the style of players like Vai and Satch, although Eddie certainly used a different approach with great success.

I understand, but you can keep a non-MV amp model clean, simply by setting Input Drive low.

Back
Top Bottom