How to Get Periphery 4 Guitar Tone

LucasLeCompte

Experienced
A few weeks ago Mikko from ML Sound Lab posted which IRs Misha and the guys from Periphery used to on the new Periphery 4 album, so I sent off on trying to find the Periphery 4 tone. The IRs Misha used were the ML Zilla V30 SM571 and the ML Djent SM 57 A1, with the volume on the ML Djent at -1.88db. I used the block letter as the amp being that is one of Misha's favorite amps.

patch on axe-change

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6846

Last edited:
Have you tried one of the Friedman amps? I thought he had been using those more these days. I could be wrong. I also remember Nolly adding a multi-band comp and clamping the low end so, I added one to the end of my signal chain and wow!! Single note runs on the low strings sound much fuller.

This is one of my fav patches for my seven string and what i use as a template.

Edit: Now that I think on it, this patch is probably leaning more towards early P1 territory. Which is my personal favorite.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6847

Last edited:
Awesome video once again! Yes that's exactly the same cab section that Periphery 4 was tracked on and it's actually really cool how it sounds just like the tone on Blood Eagle. Dayum! I believe the guitar tone on P3 was the old Friedman HBE amp sim on the Axe-Fx II but the gain was not that high. No boost or anything if I remember correctly. So definitely lower gain and picking harder is the key. ;)

Great work, it will be interesting to know what amp they used for the tone. P3 tone was the old Friedman HBE with the bright switch engaged, gain set to 6 with no overdrive in the chain and the cab was the ML Misha Mix 08 USA Bulb. They A B'd the ML Misha Mix 08 USA Bulb with the ML Bulb Angle Attack which they used on their 2015 UK tour but decided on the 08 which also features on the Haunted Shores Viscera album.

Great work, it will be interesting to know what amp they used for the tone. P3 tone was the old Friedman HBE with the bright switch engaged, gain set to 6 with no overdrive in the chain and the cab was the ML Misha Mix 08 USA Bulb. They A B'd the ML Misha Mix 08 USA Bulb with the ML Bulb Angle Attack which they used on their 2015 UK tour but decided on the 08 which also features on the Haunted Shores Viscera album.
Oh nice! Did they share this at the Periphery meet?

Oh nice! Did they share this at the Periphery meet?
I did meet them on their UK tour back in 2015 but I got that info from ask.fm when Misha used to post on there and videos online. Which amp do you think they used on P4? I have a feeling its not the 5150 Block but rather the Friedman HBE V1 or 5150 50W Blue.

A few weeks ago Mikko from ML Sound Lab posted which IRs Misha and the guys from Periphery used to on the new Periphery 4 album, so I sent off on trying to find the Periphery 4 tone. The IRs Misha used were the ML Zilla V30 SM571 and the ML Djent SM 57 A1, with the volume on the ML Djent at -1.88db. I used the block letter as the amp being that is one of Misha's favorite amps.

patch on axe-change

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6846

Great Video :D:)

Did anyone figure out what the amp used for the rhythm sound on Periphery IV was, finally? I was just spinning the album again today, and Follow Your Ghost sounds huge.
99.9% sure the main amp throughout the album is the PVH 6160 Block, that's Misha's favorite, he goes over his patches quite often in his Twitch/Youtube streams. He also probably used the Friedman BE on the tighter/lower gain parts

Back
Top Bottom