How to get backed up axe fx 2 stuff to new axe fx 3

prizzy

So I just upgraded from an ax fx 2 and bought as axe fx 3. Before selling my 2 I backed up everything, cabs, presets, global settings and such. What is the best way to get the cabs and presets to the new unit? Without overwriting the new ones factory presets.
Thanks for any suggestions!

I used Fractool to port my AxeFXII presets across to AxeFXIII.
I can tell my old Ax2 presets apart because Fractool laid the signal chain into Row 2 (except for IN and OUT blocks) whereas normally it's in Row 3.
I still had a bit of work to do but what a fantastic resource. Thanks Al.

Fractool will port the AFX II presets to your new AFX III, but plan to spend time going through each preset to check everything and tweak as necessary. Things WILL be different. In some cases not by much, but in other cases it can be pretty significant.

I ported my II presets to my III with Fractool to have a starting point, but as time has gone on, I've re-done pretty much all of them from scratch now. With things like channels and other new features in the III, it was good for me to re-think how my presets were set up and streamline things. (While making them sound better, too.)

As far as overwriting the factory presets, Just don't store your ported presets where the factory presets are stored. There are blank preset spaces in the upper numbers of the banks. Store your ported presets there. Or move the factory presets to the higher-numbered slots, and port your old presets to the low numbers.

Another vote for fractool. Fantastic program. It can cycle through all your backed up presets and save them individually as axefx iii presets.
worth donating to for sure!
thanks
pauly

Yes, you can do this. But I found I needed to soft reset my Amp and Drive blocks after the conversion for them to sound right (due to changes in the modeling). Who knows, I possibly should have soft reset every block, but haven't tried that to see if it makes a difference. I will try that soon. But still very useful and saves a lot of work.

Back
Top Bottom