How to get Axe-Fx to send program changes to Triaxis via MIDI

@Admin M@, paragraph 17.3 of the Owners Manual says it does:

"Program Change – Selecting a preset via the Axe-Fx II front panel will also transmit the corresponding bank select and program change number messages"
...and its MIDI implementation chart also states this as well.

If it actually does not then the manual and implementation chart need to be updated to reflect this.

Just to be clear, if I get a MCF and hook the Axe MIDI Out to the Triaxis MIDI In, will the Axe cause the Triaxis to switch patches then?
Yes. There are two ways that you can do it.

Firstly, you can set the Triaxis to channel 1, and set the AxeFX to copy midi messages to midi out/thru. This means that the Triaxis must be set up so that it always uses the same patch number as the AxeFX.

Secondly you could set the Triaxis to another channel, e.g. 2, and program the MFC to send Custom midi messages on channel 2 for every AxeFX patch change. This is simple to set up. I worked it out last week so that I can change patches on our lighting controller when I change an AxeFX patch. 12.1.6 of the MFC manual on page 46 describes what you need to do. This second approach has the advantage that you don't have to use one Triaxis patch for every AxeFX patch.

Back
Top Bottom