How to get a wider stereo sound without delay or chorus?

jzucker

Experienced
years ago, i used to use a twin amp setup with a boss RV2 or RV3 going into two amps and the sound was wide and glorious. I've tried to accomplish the same thing with the AX8 but setting the reverb's stereo width to 100% doesn't give the same effect.

Any hints would be appreciated.

do you have a "stereo sound" to begin with? what in your presets/tones is stereo?

also, what are the 2 speakers you're coming out of now? are they the same physical distance apart now as your previous twin amp setup?

Stereo Cab block... Pan the IRs hard left and right.

Do you choose a different mic or each side or cabinet (mic/spkr combo)? I'm trying to get a bigger sound when I record. I'm a hobbyist (newbie) to recording. Obviously multi tracking and panning hard left and right gives a bigger sound but when there's a single guitar, I'm trying to make it fuller.'

I believe the OP is asking about a live or stage set up. So, sorry for taking the thread off-topic. Although I am interested the OP's question.

Do you choose a different mic or each side or cabinet (mic/spkr combo)? I'm trying to get a bigger sound when I record. I'm a hobbyist (newbie) to recording. Obviously multi tracking and panning hard left and right gives a bigger sound but when there's a single guitar, I'm trying to make it fuller.'

I believe the OP is asking about a live or stage set up. So, sorry for taking the thread off-topic. Although I am interested the OP's question.
For recording, better would be to double track and then pan those tracks.

You might try different amps, different IRs, different guitars, etc.

Even if you use exactly the same setup, the slight variations in playing it twice will make things sound fuller.

Back
Top Bottom