[How to] - First checks

louyseiz

Inspired
Hey guys -I've had my AX8 for some time now. I've played mostly with headphones and small home monitors.
At the end of the week, I'm going to have my first 'big' practice jam at a studio. I know they have amps, cabs, and speakers for vocals, with PA..

So I think I need to plug in the PA, but what should I really pay attention to, both on the PA itself, and on the AX8, to make sure the tones are as close as possible to what I have when I use headphones?

Thanks!

Headphones are so different than a PA. You will want to make sure power amp sim is on. Use the VU meter so your preset volume levels are pretty closely level and play on

build your presets a little mid heavy at home( unless you use some kinda bass heavy head phones) Fletcher and munson will add Bass and treble to your tone when cranking thru the pa. also mid heavy bright tones will cut thru the mud better then bass heavy tones(unless you are playing Solo)

Start with your Output signal low. Like 9-10 o'clock. If your channel on the board has a Pad switch use it. The AX8 is sending a Line Level signal so it will be pretty hot coming into the console.

Back
Top Bottom