How to Easily get a LoFi Sound On The Axe FX III (Or any Axe fx)

LucasLeCompte

Experienced
My friend told me about this neat trick he does to get a LoFi sound (he plays a lot of pop punk) so I tried it out and decided to make a video about it. You can actually do it on almost any axe fx. What other ways do you guys get lofi sounds on the axe?

Yep, cut the bottom and top ends to get what was commonly referred to as the "shitty transistor radio sound" when I was introduced to this method ages ago. Nice optimization to use the LP/HP in the cab block, I usually did pretty much the same thing with an EQ (starting with a Boss GE7). Didn't have a need for that effect in ages though, but now that I think about it I do have a few parts where it could fit...

You could probably get more "real" if you actually shot an IR of an old, crappy 1" speaker and used that as-is ;)

The Bit Crusher Drive block is real crap. Bit Reduction and Sample reduction of the Drive Block can also add crap.

For further crap, use white or pink noise from the Synth Block. Pass it through a modulation effect for inconstant crap.

The speaker Drive parameter at the AMP block can also make the speaker sound like old, broken, flubby, flabby and farty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom