How to do this???

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I want 10 presets per bank. So on bank 1 I'll have 10 presets with a bank up and down button too. I want when I choose a preset for it to go into that presets scenes and have that page be loaded. So basically I have a preset...I hit it to activate the scenes.

I want 10 presets per bank. So on bank 1 I'll have 10 presets with a bank up and down button too. I want when I choose a preset for it to go into that presets scenes and have that page be loaded. So basically I have a preset...I hit it to activate the scenes.
Layout Links allow you to send a layout change along with whatever else the button does. It's on the layout page....

Layout Links allow you to send a layout change along with whatever else the button does. It's on the layout page....
Folks keep saying this but I don't know how? Different layout does not ever seem to match up with another layout to do what you mention.

As is now I have to have a hold function to simply select the preset I want to enter into Scenes mode. Then to get back I have to have a presets button dedicated to get back to preset mode.

I want to be in preset mode....press the patch to engage that patches scenes and IA's chosen....then somehow get back to patches mode(possibly keeping the same as I am doing mentioned above?).

Tips?

Do you have a layout that is setup for scenes? If you don't, then layout links will not help you. My layout 1 is 10 presets + bank up/down. My layout 2 is scenes + some other stuff. I have all the preset switches in layout1 linked to layout 2, so when I select a preset it switches to the scene layout. See below.

Layout1.JPG

layout2.JPG
layout3.JPG

Folks keep saying this but I don't know how? Different layout does not ever seem to match up with another layout to do what you mention.

As is now I have to have a hold function to simply select the preset I want to enter into Scenes mode. Then to get back I have to have a presets button dedicated to get back to preset mode.

I want to be in preset mode....press the patch to engage that patches scenes and IA's chosen....then somehow get back to patches mode(possibly keeping the same as I am doing mentioned above?).

Tips?

Note that if you’re doing this on the Axe3 directly, Layout Links are not on the EZ edit Page. You have to go to the Page with the list of Layouts, select your Preset Layout, Edit it, and then select each of the ten switches, Edit them, and add a Layout Link to go to your Scenes Layout ( there should be one by default).

Regardless of whether or not you do it with the editor or on the hardware, you have to edit all 10 Preset change footswitches (but not the two Bank up/down switches).

Do you have a layout that is setup for scenes? If you don't, then layout links will not help you. My layout 1 is 10 presets + bank up/down. My layout 2 is scenes + some other stuff. I have all the preset switches in layout1 linked to layout 2, so when I select a preset it switches to the scene layout. See below.

View attachment 60106

View attachment 60107
View attachment 60108
Thanks for the assist, my AxeFX3 is down due to last week's lightning strike, so I can't get the screenshots until I get my new one on Friday.

See ScottHessler's first picture in his post - you click Edit links on Layout Links at the bottom right. Then choose where each button sends you when you press it. The second picture shows that he set FC#1 (you can have up to 4 FC's connected to your III) switch 1 to go to Layout 2 when pressed. You have to do this for all switches you want to go to the Scenes layout when pressed. You would not want the page up and down buttons to do this on your layout, just the buttons that are selecting presets.

View attachment 60106

View attachment 60107
View attachment 60108
Would setting up the external switches on back of FC's work in same manner/fashion in regards to setup?

Back
Top Bottom