How to dial up the Brown Sound in ten minutes

Nice video. The Reverb Ducker's Attenuation parameter will have no effect if you leave the Threshold at 0.

It will with enough input level to block, but this probably wasn't happening on the video. (If level was high enough to trigger ducking, dry path would clip output unless global EQ or output volume control was reducing level.)

Any chance to update your video for the new Axe-Edit version? I am having some trouble locating some of these advanced parameter's that are in your video. Either way thanks for the info!

Any chance to update your video for the new Axe-Edit version? I am having some trouble locating some of these advanced parameter's that are in your video. Either way thanks for the info!

The advanced parameters you're talking about are all there...you just have to pause the video for each one you don't see, and look closely at each section of the amp block in your axe-edit. I thought they weren't there at first too, but they're all there.

That's an amazing tone!!! I'm gonna have to try this.

Edit: So, I gave it a try and as I said already, that is some seriously beautiful tone. However, this is literally the umpteenth video I've seen and copied the exact settings from and got a very different sound. Yes, I know, different guitars and different hands but I dialed in the exact settings in the video and seriously came away with a low gain/clean sound on the edge of break up!! Power amp modeling is on...Cab sims are turned on... At this point I'm starting to think there is either something wrong with my magic black box or I'm... well, you know (which at this point is very possible). The only way I can get close to this tone is if I turn the boost switch on, set the saturation switch to ideal and turn the saturation knob up to at least 4.

I'm seriously at a loss here [emoji19]. Either way, beautiful sound and playing and I really hope I can figure out what's going on with my setup "soon" so I can get tones like this.

Cheers 5150

P.S. Sorry for bombing your thread with this rant but I'm becoming massively frustrated with my inability to get these amazing sounds I keep hearing everyone else posting.

What do you have your input level at in the I/O menu?

what i say now... don't subtract anything to the 5150's video!
that said... if one don't have THAT feel... can't get THAT tone!

I'm going to rebuild in the latest firmware and Axe Edit, so that it's not hard to find the parameters (they moved around from the version recorded here). However, the settings are all there -- just have to get to the right tab.
Hello Anthony,
your videos, are made with FW 21/ Q1.0, but I managed to rebuild it with Quantum 1.06 :)
The best thing, and to see video, step by step, and to find the parameters used, are all there :), but shifted in the other pages ! :eek:
Because, the parameters are moved, even in minor releases, ( I do not know ).:(
But I prefer to look at a video of "Anthony" much more constructive :D :D :D, that do not download the presets already ready ;)

I'm going to rebuild in the latest firmware and Axe Edit, so that it's not hard to find the parameters (they moved around from the version recorded here). However, the settings are all there -- just have to get to the right tab.

Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the videos. Following along was a better learning tool than being handed a preset. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom