How to dial up the Brown Sound in ten minutes

I think both 5150's videos must be Wiki-ed.
Not only for the EVH tone, but for the use and the demonstration of the effectiveness of some deep amp, cabs, verbs, flanger an phaser parametres!

Hey great work man! Sounds awesome! I can't find the patch anywhere for some reason. Did you post it in this thread or somewhere else? Thanks!

Hey great work man! Sounds awesome! I can't find the patch anywhere for some reason. Did you post it in this thread or somewhere else? Thanks!

I don't think it's posted.....I think everybody has just built the patch while following along with the video...super easy :encouragement:

I felt I had a pretty great VH preset on my own and then when I did the EQ cut from the video, it made it sound even more phenomenal!! I'm going to have to go in and tweak a bit by watching the video again. Sounds great!

I don't do a lot of artist presets, but EVH is one that I always like to have in the arsenal; it's just the epitome of what I think great tone is and it's just fun. I never found one out there that anyone had that I liked better than I could do on my own which usually involved a lot of time mixing my own cab IR's (which is why I'd never bother sharing it for commercial reasons), but this video was a frickin' homerun. Great preset and while I don't usually go under the hood and tweak advanced parameters much these days I do know what they do for the most part, but you opened up my eyes to things that I just never paid much attention to.

And yeah I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to do a video, but it turned out great and is much appreciated. :encouragement:

While I too cannot achieve that thick gain. The rest is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember, 5150 said he has Dirty Fingers PuPs which are much higher output. I just cranked up the Input Trim to compensate!

Probably still editing....:eagerness:.....These videos are a pain in the ass to do if you don't do them all of the time. I started one and just can't make the time to finish it with the free software that I have. If I could afford to buy some better software and hardware It might be a little easier?.............Thanks for the hard work 5150.

I don't do a lot of artist presets, but EVH is one that I always like to have in the arsenal; it's just the epitome of what I think great tone is and it's just fun. I never found one out there that anyone had that I liked better than I could do on my own which usually involved a lot of time mixing my own cab IR's (which is why I'd never bother sharing it for commercial reasons), but this video was a frickin' homerun. Great preset and while I don't usually go under the hood and tweak advanced parameters much these days I do know what they do for the most part, but you opened up my eyes to things that I just never paid much attention to.

And yeah I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to do a video, but it turned out great and is much appreciated. :encouragement:

Thank you shasha!

Where has 5150 gone??? Where's the 3rd vid??? He has abandoned us!!! lol

LOL! I'm still around! I have not had a chance to get to video #3, and it looks like I won't be able to until I return from vacation. My wife and I head out to Germany and Italy tomorrow (can't wait!) and I have 1,327 things to do before then, most of them for work.

LOL! I'm still around! I have not had a chance to get to video #3, and it looks like I won't be able to until I return from vacation. My wife and I head out to Germany and Italy tomorrow (can't wait!) and I have 1,327 things to do before then, most of them for work.

So what you're saying is there's still a good chance you'll complete the 3rd vid this evening, right?

No worries!

Quick thought: do you have the bright switch engaged? That contributes a lot of gain in this model, I find. What kind of guitar/pups are you using?

Interesting. I had to try this too, because the plexi amps have never had any gain in my set up. So I dialed in exactly the same settings as you use in this video, and even with the gain cranked up to max, I'm not even close to the same gain as you have. And I have tried with my Les Paul, my fenders with seymour duncans and dimarzios, my Luke II ++ with same result. I also checked that I was using only Left as input and with 0db change. Bright switch is also on.

This really puzzles me big time!

Just went through part 2...AWESOME!!

Could you/someone clear up the thought process behind the subtractive EQ in the first video? Just realized that I really don't understand why you did it, but just that it sounds great. How can I apply this process to other patches? Thanks in advance!

The 5150's videos caused me a drop of $$$!!!
Now i have a nu chrome EVH D-Tuna on my Charvel Bumblebee (mounting a Custom '78 Model pup signed by Mr Duncan!)
:D

Back
Top Bottom