How to dial out harshness (V10)?

If adjusting presets doesn't work and a system reset doesn't work, try reinstalling v10. It worked for some people, especially after AE issues.

First try with v.10 something sounded strange to me. Reinstalling v.10 did the trick and I´m loving it! (had no AE issues!)
It´s worth a try!

Try the Character control. Positive values make the entire amp sound more trebly, while negative values make the entire amp sound much bassier. It's a huge help for taming unruly high end... and increasing clarity in an overly bassy patch.

Try the Character control. Positive values make the entire amp sound more trebly, while negative values make the entire amp sound much bassier. It's a huge help for taming unruly high end... and increasing clarity in an overly bassy patch.

Great. Will do! Thanks. :

I'm surprised that a lot of folks say the factory presets are brighter... I've always thought that most of the presets were mild to dark... and most of the high gain presets have way too much gain and sound somewhat mushy for my tastes. definitely run the system reset.

@ Cliff... In your opinion, which mons do you think best represent axefxII? I run frfr into 2 ev elx112p at gigs and rehearsal, but have been considering getting some mons for dialing in presets.

@ Cliff... In your opinion, which mons do you think best represent axefxII? I run frfr into 2 ev elx112p at gigs and rehearsal, but have been considering getting some mons for dialing in presets.

What's your budget? The best monitors I've ever heard were EAWs but those are big, heavy and expensive.

What's your budget? The best monitors I've ever heard were EAWs but those are big, heavy and expensive.

I thought they were best of show at the Axe Fest. That being said, I am on the list for the CLR active wedges. Hoping they live up to the hype. Even if they don't, they gotta kick my Alto 110a's asses.

First try with v.10 something sounded strange to me. Reinstalling v.10 did the trick and I´m loving it! (had no AE issues!)
It´s worth a try!

Had the EXACT same experience.
I was not impressed at all when i first loaded V10 and V10 banks (did a complete reset just before) : everything sounded quite harsh and lacked warmth.
Was feeling a little depressed and downgraded to V9.

Then i thought i ought to give it another try (i've never been disappointed by any update so far...) because of all the praise.
Did another V10 upgrade, uploaded the V10 SYSTEM RESET.sys then the V10 Bank and voilà, everything is sounding amazing and warmth is back.

Seriously, i was skeptical but it DOES help to do this.

Had the EXACT same experience.
I was not impressed at all when i first loaded V10 and V10 banks (did a complete reset just before) : everything sounded quite harsh and lacked warmth.
Was feeling a little depressed and downgraded to V9.

Then i thought i ought to give it another try (i've never been disappointed by any update so far...) because of all the praise.
Did another V10 upgrade, uploaded the V10 SYSTEM RESET.sys then the V10 Bank and voilà, everything is sounding amazing and warmth is back.

Seriously, i was skeptical but it DOES help to do this.

I've already performed a system reset using the front panel. What's the V10 SYSTEM RESET.sys?

I double clicked bypass and totally reset my amp and cab blocks, the redialed to the same settings ,sounds great, made a bigger difference than just reselecting amp type! using mostly the new cabs and if anything I've added more treble and presence to most of my patches ( all the tone controls just sound more natural), seems to be a much wider sweet spot in 10 for me!

That's interesting. Is there any technical difference between reseting an amp vs. leaving and returning? Why?

That's interesting. Is there any technical difference between reseting an amp vs. leaving and returning? Why?

Leaving / returning resets only the Adv. parameters, Master, and other stuff. Resetting sets all parameters, incl Drive, tone etc. to default settings.

This is something to do with Axe Edit. I don't use Axe Edit or cabinet modelling.

Indeed, and that's why i didn't even bother with it the first time. I don't even use user cabs that much and i didn't have any problems with AE 1.9 either...
But as i was a little desperate i though i should try everything i can to make it work, and well, it did the trick...

Back
Top Bottom