How to dial good lead sound for live use?

Jani

Hey! I was wondering if anyone have good tips for dialing a good lead tone for live use? mI chasing a full and fat sound, but not getting there yet. I can get good lead sounds at home volumes but not loud volumes. It seems to sound little thin when playing at rehearsall room. Also many some amps have kinda "peaking and trebleish" sound in high notes and loud volumes its ripping my ears. Do you have any amp/cab recommendations to try? Last time i was dialing i found that Bogner seemed little smoother vs Usa IIC+, but also very dark. I'm running my AX8 directly to PA's.

I use my wireless rig so I can get out front of the FOH and listen to my tone. Then I have a better idea of how it sounds. When you dial in your sound, if possible do it at gig volume.

+1 on Leon’s videos. @2112 aka Leon has helped many many Fractal users. In the forest of Fractal users, Leon is a sequoia. Most of us are just trees.

I use my wireless rig so I can get out front of the FOH and listen to my tone. Then I have a better idea of how it sounds. When you dial in your sound, if possible do it at gig volume.

+1 on Leon’s videos. @2112 aka Leon has helped many many Fractal users. In the forest of Fractal users, Leon is a sequoia. Most of us are just trees.
Truth! Leon's videos, from getting started to hooking up a wah, to sharing the cool rigs he makes, have been a huge help to me. I wouldn't be getting as much out of my AX8 without all the knowledge he's shared!

Thanks for replies everyone, have to check those tips! I have came to conlusion that the "peaking or clipping" noise may actually come from my picking style, or pick. Because that noise comes always, no mather what guitar or amp i play. I have used jazz xl pick for several years now, maybe i have to try different ones..

Here's a clip. I think it sounds pretty sweet now. I was driving loud volumes and it didnt hurt my ears at all. Dont know what this sounds with a band tough..https://www.dropbox.com/s/0402sdxfgjidc2w/VID_20190726_115233.mp4?dl=0

Back
Top Bottom