How to determine IR length for UR conversion?

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
OK, so I have a bunch of IR's and I have no idea which are suitable for Ultra Res and which aren't. How do I determine their length? Anything above 170ms is long enough, right? So how do I find out what's what?

Great question. I am in the same boat. Perhaps an IR I grabbed off the web is long enough to benefit, but I don't know how to go about measuring the length. And as we know, size matters.

Apparently a wav editor like Sound Forge or the like will get that for you. Actually, Yek mentioned Audicity in another thread as far as a free editor to measure the length. You need a 48K/24 bit wav file though. You can't really make an ultra res IR out of another IR or measure the length of audio off of an IR AFAIK.

Apparently a wav editor like Sound Forge or the like will get that for you. Actually, Yek mentioned Audicity in another thread as far as a free editor to measure the length. You need a 48K/24 bit wav file though. You can't really make an ultra res IR out of another IR or measure the length of audio off of an IR AFAIK.

Insert the wave in your DAW, the long one is UltraRes..;)

Back
Top Bottom