How to delete old blocks saved?

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I have a bunch of older amp and other blocks saved in Edit I would like to delete on my Macbook pro and cannot seem to find the feature.....help!

I can't remember how to do it in Axe Edit (right click the saved block name maybe?), but you can use the Finder to search for files with .blk extensions. In Windows they are saved in the user's documents folder under c:\users\"username"\documents\Fractal Audio\Axe Edit\blocks, I think. In MacOS, they are probably somewhere in the /Users folder. Probably something like /Users/"username"/Fractal Audio/Axe Edit/blocks. Each block type will have a separate subfolder containing the saved block files for that type (amp 1, drive 1, delay 2, etc.). Once you delete the files, close and reopen Axe Edit and they will be gone from the lists.

What didn' t work? I just did this as a test. I created an amp block. Saved it. Clicked on the "+" to get this menu, then deleted the block. Or, you can "Show Folder" and manually delete the ".blk" files that you no longer want. I would close Axe Edit after opening the window and before deleting anything to avoid any conflicts. When you re-start AE, it will read the blocks folder and the deleted files will no longer be loaded.

Attachments

• 3-17-2017 10-37-45 PM.jpg
    3-17-2017 10-37-45 PM.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 12
@jamn4jc
Your correct you have to load the amp you want to delete -thats what I was missing. I was trying to delete the old ones I don't use from where the folder they were in but you have to load em 1st then do it from the + sign

Thanks for taking the time to reply again!!!! And I jam for JC too!

Back
Top Bottom