How to decompose a bank into individual presets?

quark

Experienced
I used to do this with FracTool but my virus protect now keeps removing it and I haven't found a work around yet. In the meantime, is there a way to decompose a bank into individual presets directly from the AXE III without having to load and store the entire bank file first? That is very time consuming - Fractool seemed to do it very quickly without first loading and storing all the presets into a bank.

Yes, I've had the same virus protect for years and never had any Fractool problems. Only recently something has changed either in the virus protect or Fractool that makes them unhappy with one another. But it sounds like there is no way to do this via Axe Edit or the Axe itself without actually loading the entire bank, extracting individual presets, and then deleting the bank. Sounds like a nice addition to Axe-Manage Presets.

Last edited:
Yes, I've had the same virus protect for years and never had any Fractool problems. Only recently something has changed either in the virus protect or Fractool that makes them unhappy with one another. But it sounds like their is no way to do this via Axe Edit or the Axe itself without actually loading the entire bank, extracting individual presets, and then deleting the bank. Sounds like a nice addition to Axe-Manage Presets.
It's just been packed with upx. If your antivirus doesn't like upx, it's sh*t... Change it

Yes, I've had the same virus protect for years and never had any Fractool problems. Only recently something has changed either in the virus protect or Fractool that makes them unhappy with one another. But it sounds like their is no way to do this via Axe Edit or the Axe itself without actually loading the entire bank, extracting individual presets, and then deleting the bank. Sounds like a nice addition to Axe-Manage Presets.
I seem to remember that, in axe edit, if you drag and drop the bank file in the browser pane of "manage presets" it lets you load individual presets.. but I may be wrong.
Worth a try anyway

I seem to remember that, in axe edit, if you drag and drop the bank file in the browser pane of "manage presets" it lets you load individual presets.. but I may be wrong.
Worth a try anyway
Confirmed

Worth a try anyway
This definitely works ... it's the next step that's a problem ... and that is how to save these individual presets into a directory so that you can pick and choose files to create your own bank ... that's where Fractool comes in ... also, I found that I could dig a little deeper into the settings of my AV software and add fractool.exe to an exclusion list so that it's not flagged as a problem and deleted. If you have not explored Fractool yet, you are in for a real treat ... great piece of code ... and not having it was a problem. All is well now ... thanks for the inputs ...

Back
Top Bottom