How to Create the Aggregate Devices Correctly on Mac

Bcraig

Inspired
I am running High Sierra 10.13.6 on iMac with Axe Fx 2 XL + and no other interfaces

Oh ok
Because at the moment I created a aggregate device to be able to record the audio and video from my Mac and Logic Pro X using QuickTime screen recording

But I donot know why I cannot add the Axe 2 XL + into the mix

The reason I trying to do this I want to upload movies to YouTube to ask for for help on topics

Has anyone use

Did you succeed in creating an aggregate device?
An aggregate device allows you to combine the audio channels of multiple devices into a single device. This is useful if your Host/DAW only recognises a single interface at a time.

I haven’t used QuickTime screen capture for a while. Is there an option to select your audio input device? Have you selected the aggregate device? Is Logic ‘hijacking’ the audio?

Perhaps you could record audio in Logic while you screen capture in Quicktime — then sync the video and audio after the fact.

Did you succeed in creating an aggregate device?

Yes but just for any audio on the Mac being played
The video in Logic is being recorded using QuickTime

So I created a aggregate device to use both of these at the same time

An aggregate device allows you to combine the audio channels of multiple devices into a single device. This is useful if your Host/DAW only recognises a single interface at a time.

I haven’t used QuickTime screen capture for a while. Is there an option to select your audio input device?

In the QuickTime player when you select the screen recording there is a small arrow pointing down if you click on it you have options to select audio input or the aggregate device I made

Have you selected the aggregate device? Is Logic ‘hijacking’ the audio?

Perhaps you could record audio in Logic while you screen capture in Quicktime — then sync the video and audio after the fact.

I will record a example soon

But I came across this video this guy got me to this point

That help me get started
but I am trying to add the Axe in the mix not sure the best way

Back
Top Bottom