How to copy multiple blocks at once?

aroomstudios

I just got my AxeFX III the other day. Running the current FW 2.0.5 I think as of a few days ago when I downloaded it.

Is this possible on a computer? Like coping

input ->Amp->Cab->output

To copy all 4 blocks in one go? Or can you just copy to library one block at a time?

There's no way to copy multiple blocks.

You can use the block library as you mentioned, or you can just copy/paste/save for each block between presets.

Thanks for the response. If it just me or is that a needed feature that any of you guys want or need? I bought mine to use in the studio. It would be really cool to be able to set up the bass, left dist guitar and right dist guitar DI tracks and run them all through the AX fx at one time. Then tweak them as needed in the mix. As there are 4 inputs and 4 outputs and plenty of cpu power to handle this. A multi block copy paste would be awesome for this use.

Thanks for the response. If it just me or is that a needed feature that any of you guys want or need? I bought mine to use in the studio. It would be really cool to be able to set up the bass, left dist guitar and right dist guitar DI tracks and run them all through the AX fx at one time. Then tweak them as needed in the mix. As there are 4 inputs and 4 outputs and plenty of cpu power to handle this. A multi block copy paste would be awesome for this use.
how often are you copying these 4 blocks though? just do them one at a time at first. then when you have that multi instrument preset, if you need a new one, just copy the preset to a new preset number and all the blocks get copied at the same time.

Isn’t there the, “Save Preset As Blocks Files” option in AxeEdit Drop down menu?
I thought that would save each individual block to their respective file. The only caveat is that the Blocks File names are all named after the Preset & not what you want to individually pick. Although I suppose you could go back through and rename them one by one afterwards if you wanted, but that would kind of defeat the purpose then wouldn’t it? :rolleyes:

Unless you’re talking about setting up a Template, which you can also do. And you can set up, name & save as many Templates as you like..
Then open an empty preset and Start From Template, pick whatever Template you saved and all the same settings Amps/FX/IN/Outs will be your starting point.
I use it all the time.. Huge time saver. Especially when you use a lot of the same routing and Reverb & Delay as a starting point to start building patches from..

EDIT: After reading your original post, I believe it is this that you are looking for..
So..
In AxeEdit:
Setup your basic starting point where you are going to want your Patch building to Start, then in the Drop Down Menu: Find the “Save As Template” and Name it & Save it.
Then when you want to use it: start with a new patch or a patch that you’re going to overwrite and bring up the Drop Down Menu & Select: “Start From Template” and select whichever Template you want to work with and.. BOOM. There she is!

Last edited:
....also remember that the Template will also save the actual current Block Data. So, like I was saying, if you have certain Reverb settings you like to use while patch building set that up first before you save the Template. So when you open the Template, it opens with those settings and not just the default block settings.

@Perdikament

I see the save template. I am not around the axe fx right now (it is at my studio) but I have the edit software on my computer at home so I can at least see the menus. I will give it a go when I am back at the studio later today or tomorrow.

Will that let me load multiple templates into one project window? That is what I am really looking to do. I take it this will just load one template into a project like a DAW template. If so, at least this gets me a lot closer to what I am looking for. Then I can just add the block library's for amps and cabs as needed.

@Perdikament

I see the save template. I am not around the axe fx right now (it is at my studio) but I have the edit software on my computer at home so I can at least see the menus. I will give it a go when I am back at the studio later today or tomorrow.

Will that let me load multiple templates into one project window? That is what I am really looking to do. I take it this will just load one template into a project like a DAW template. If so, at least this gets me a lot closer to what I am looking for. Then I can just add the block library's for amps and cabs as needed.
Axe Edit is not a DAW. There is no "project"... There are presets, which can be loaded only individually as the editor is merely a "client" of the Axe Fx (the "server"), which can only have 1 preset active.

Last edited:
setting up a Template

This works great. You can also save 4 channels within each block if you like of different settings or of similar effects (reverb, etc. - i.e. Ice, Hall, Room as 1 block). When you are ready add your amp and cab and choose your favorite settings then save.

@Perdikament

Well you can make the Template as simple or complex as you want.. but it’ll only load one Template into one patch otherwise you’ll just overwrite whatever you’re working on, on the patch that is open.
You can save & name as many Templates as you want. I had like 5 different ones for the AxeFX IIXL, and so far I have 2 for the III.
I see what you’re saying though, if you had a patch you like but then later on down the road ya wanted to add a routing for a Bass player for example, it’d be cool if you could just slide all that right on in all at once.. Almost like combining two patches together.

Well you can make the Template as simple or complex as you want.. but it’ll only load one Template into one patch otherwise you’ll just overwrite whatever you’re working on, on the patch that is open.
You can save & name as many Templates as you want. I had like 5 different ones for the AxeFX IIXL, and so far I have 2 for the III.
I see what you’re saying though, if you had a patch you like but then later on down the road ya wanted to add a routing for a Bass player for example, it’d be cool if you could just slide all that right on in all at once.. Almost like combining two patches together.

Yeah, I want to add the bass and 2 different guitars (like guitar 1 and guitar 2). It would be really cool to be able to adjust everything at once while everything else is playing. I can do that but the limitations of pasting entire blocks makes it a bit harder to set up. I can defiantly still do it just have to set up templates with extra stuff that may or many not be used and configure as needed.

Maybe in the future Fractal will make this a option.

Thanks for your help guys templates will work for now.

I also endorse the template path, but have you also looked in AxeEdit via the quick build option which displays all available blocks at once?

Yeah, I want to add the bass and 2 different guitars (like guitar 1 and guitar 2). It would be really cool to be able to adjust everything at once while everything else is playing. I can do that but the limitations of pasting entire blocks makes it a bit harder to set up. I can defiantly still do it just have to set up templates with extra stuff that may or many not be used and configure as needed.

Maybe in the future Fractal will make this a option.

Thanks for your help guys templates will work for now.
You know what you could do.. this is a somewhat workaround... :rolleyes:
Ok here we go:
Let’s say patch #300 is your Guitar & Patch #400 is your Bass & you wanted to as fast as possible combine the two as quickly as possible.
First either save Patch 300 as a Template or to a new user slot.
Then go to Patch 400 and select Save As Blocks in Library. Each Block will now be saved in your library under the patch name.
Now go back to your new patch, This is where you’ll have the set up the routing for the Bass and add each Block, but as you add each Block select your saved Block in the Block Library drop down Menu..
It’s not exactly what ya want but it’s gunna be pretty quick, and it’ll be an exact copy.

@Perdikament

That is probably what I will do. The bass seems to have the most patches for me so far (2 amps HP LP filters, routing etc). So, probably save that as a template. Then add blocks for the guitar as needed.

Though I have only had the unit for a week. So, I am sure they will get much bigger over time.

Last edited:
@Perdikament

That is probably what I will do. The bass seems to have the most patches for me so far (2 amps HP LP filters, routing etc). So, probably save that as a template. Then add blocks for the guitar as needed.

Though I have only had the unit for a week. So, I am sure they will get much bigger over time.
How are you planning to run bass and 2 guitars at the same time when there are only 2 amp blocks and you've got them both used for the bass?

That is a good question. I did not think about that. What is the point of having 4 inputs and 4 outputs and only 2 amp blocks? I guess for routing fx or something in parallel. Well I guess that makes the entire point of copying multiple block sort of un-needed.

That is a good question. I did not think about that. What is the point of having 4 inputs and 4 outputs and only 2 amp blocks? I guess for routing fx or something in parallel. Well I guess that makes the entire point of copying multiple block sort of un-needed.
Well... You can use it for that purpose but you have to stay within the limits of the unit.

The additional I/O is primarily for adding external devices into the Axe Fx signal chain.

Back
Top Bottom