How To Copy A Block

pjrake

Inspired
Sorry if I'm posting something that's obvious. Tried going through the manual, and searched the boards, but couldn't really find an answer (although I'm sure it's there).

I'm trying to copy an amp block to create a new line in the layout. Trying to set up my Axe for direct to FOH with real amps. Following the manual, it says to create a new line and remove the cab block and add an FX loop block. What I'm trying to do is re-create my amp cab so basically copy and paste it. Trying to do this using the front panel.

Any advice is appreciated.

The only copy feature available via the front panel is to copy X-Y parameters and vice versa within the same block. You currently cannot copy one block to another using the front panel. The only way to do this is using Axe Edit which may it may not work for you with the current version available.

Will it create a copy or just move it? I want to have two identical amp block: one with a cab sim for FOH and the other with no cab sim for am/cab setup.
It is not possible to copy Amp 1 to Amp 2. What kinda of amp/cab are you using? Also do you want to use the power amp modeling with your amp/cab? If so you do not need a second amp, you just need to branch off a second row from you amp before the cab block

Might have to do that. Been going FRFR but might want to have both options set up, with Output 2 not having a cab sim. In the manual it talks about adding an FX Loop and disabling the cab sim (on a second row of blocks in the layout section), but it got me thinking... "Do I have to do that with every single preset if I want to mess around with the different sounds?" There's no way of turning off the cab sim just for Output 2?

As Brokenvail said in the post above, just branch off to the 2nd line directly after the Amp block, like this:

|................................../--Fxl
|--(Various effects)--Amp--Cab--etc---
|
|

Sorry for the horrible drawing, but I hope you get the idea :) Ignore the dots in line 1, just had to put them there to get the drawing spaced out properly :)

This will feed your full signalchain with cabs and everything to Out 1, and send everything up to and including the Amp block to Out 2. If you want different effects to Out 2, just slap them on before the Fx Loop block in line 1.
Also, do not connect the FxLoop block to the output side of the grid, just leave it 'floating' :)

And yes, you would have to set each preset up like this, you can't globally disable CabSims for just Out2. But once you create a preset with this layout, you can use it as a template for future presets. Just recall this preset, hit save, and select a different slot to save it in and you'll have a copy where you can mess around using different amp, cabs etc.

Last edited:
I do this on a lot of my Presets and thi sis the way to do it.
you need to branch off in front of the cab block to a another row that ends with an FX loop block. (on every patch)

A tip for copying/pasting blocks:
Copy: save your block as a global block (if that option is available)
Paste: load the previously saved block without linking (all the parameters are copied and remain independent from the source block)

There is still a reason to want a second amp block with identical settings - so you can disable SAG on the block that you are sending to your guitar amp effect return, causing it to bypass the power amp modeling. I was searching for a way to do this, and I believe the only way is to use axe-edit.

A tip for copying/pasting blocks:
Copy: save your block as a global block (if that option is available)
Paste: load the previously saved block without linking (all the parameters are copied and remain independent from the source block)

Unfortunately, this only allows loading in to an identical block type - so you can't use it to recall a copy of an Amp1 block into an Amp 2 block, which is what we need to do in this situation.

Also, you can use the Effect Recall.
Hit Recall, then Page Right.
Select the Preset you want to copy from. Then Hit the Right Button and select the Effect to Recall (Amp,Cab,Delay,etc.)
Hit Enter and now that Effect is in your New Preset. You must have that block in the Preset, for instance to copy Drive 2 from Patch 1 to Patch 2, both must have a Drive 2.

Same limitation as above - can't create a copy of an amp to use for the fxloop unless the amp you want to copy from is in an amp2 block on some preset. This probably isn't that big of a deal, unless you spent hours tweaking every page of the amp settings and then want to create a copy of it in the same patch.

Back
Top Bottom