How to configure Spring Loaded Mission SP-2?

Johan Allard

Power User
I just purchased a spring loaded Mission Engineer SP-2 to see if I could replace two existing EP-1's. The SP-2 is the one with two expression pedal outputs and a click button. When you click the button it toggles which of the two outputs that should be controlled by the Expression pedal.

Using this I want to control two different blocks, say a Wah and a Whammy. Everything is configured so I have the two cables into the MFC replacing the two previous EP-1's and I can assign the controllers to the two different blocks.

The issue I have is that the non-active Expression output sets itself it 100% or toe position where's I expected, and wanted, it to sit at 0% or heel position. I have configured auto-engage for both blocks but since the pedal is spring loaded the auto-off position needs to be 0% or heel position. At the moment when I've stepped off the pedal I have one output sitting at 0% and one at 100%, if I click the button the first one would be 100% and the other 0%. And what I wanted was for both outputs to sit at 0% when I've stepped off the pedal.

I've emailed Mission Engineering about this but haven't heard anything back so I thought that maybe someone here on the forum has some clevel ideas of what to do?

It might be possible by modifying the circuit. I don't have an SP-2 and this might be inaccurate, but the switch probably has some wires on terminals to short tip to ring for the inactive channel, and you'd want to short one of those (not sure which) to sleeve (ground) instead.

If modifying it doesn't sound like fun you may find the SP-1 is a better solution. With an actual switch output an Axe preset can be configured to put different blocks (auto-engaged or not) in/out of the signal chain.

I'd bet the switch is shorting a connection between the top and wiper lugs on the pot, which makes it go to 100% when not active. You'd have to rewire it so it shorts between the bottom and wiper lugs to make it go to 0%.

Ok, I've done some more investigation, and it's not looking good.

When there's isolation between Tip, Sleeve and Ground, this is being set as 100% toe position which is what happens . To get to heel, I need to short Tip to Ground while leaving Tip to Sleeve and Sleeve to Ground unconnected.

This is the current footswitch:

IMG_5007_zps79027e95.jpg

The Red is the Tip, the Green is the Sleeve and the Black disappearing at the bottom is the Ground that is connected to both outputs.

So the Red and Green comes from the pot and switch either connects Left and Middle side, or Middle and Right, in each row.

Can anyone figure out how to connect this to make it work. I don't mind a little bit of soldering if I get there in the end :)

Back
Top Bottom