How to collaborate with person who has 44.1khz?

bjjp2

Power User
Just started getting into recording. Been recording in Logic at 48khz because of AxeFx limitation. (Not trying to open up that debate). Now I want to exchange tracks with my singer who only has GarageBand, which is limited to 44.1. What’s the best way to make this work? Thanks.

Just started getting into recording. Been recording in Logic at 48khz because of AxeFx limitation. (Not trying to open up that debate). Now I want to exchange tracks with my singer who only has GarageBand, which is limited to 44.1. What’s the best way to make this work? Thanks.
can you export your tracks as 44.1?

No problem. Just send them your 48k audio. When they import it into GB it will automatically be converted to 44.1.

Thanks. But when I bring it back into logic is the vocal going to sound weird?

Nope. Their 44.1 vocal tracks will be converted when you import them into Logic. There are problematic situations when collaborating , but this isn’t one of them.

I am collaborating with a singer in another country that only has a mobile phone for recording (while playing my files on a laptop, using headphones). There is no problem importing her audio files recorded at 44.1kHz on my DAW (Cakewalk BandLab). She has no problem listening my 48kHz tracks.

You can export the track(s) in Logic from 48K to 44.1K.
Right click the track/audio file
Convert
A dialog box will pop up, with a sample rate pull down menu.
Select 44.1 k and save to hard drive where needed.
Adjust other settings as needed and also select the file format you need.
Logic will spit out two files, the original in 48k, the other in 44.1.

Works great if you have someone else working in garageband. Had a session over the weekend and sent the stems as such and it worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom