How to bring in a Whammy without Auto Engage

Wow wtf! I've never done it other ways than this. I thought this was THE way to do it

are you talking about this method (below) or Yek's?

I have been doing this for a year or so instead of Yek's solution from the 1st post. With expression pedal in heel position you have your normal sound. Whammy kicks in as soon as you press the pedal. No auto engage. This simple method also works to engage/bypass any other effect blocks:

1) set bypass of Pitch block to THRU. Then attach the modifier to the bypass (modifier in default settings).
2) to have typical whammy 'glide' instead of it just kicking in at once: attach the control to same expression pedal as in the bypass (modifier in default settings)
3) set mix in Pitch block to 100%

It is as easy as that and it seems a little bit less work than Yek's method. Seems easier to me. Not sure if there' s any difference in the end result?

Not sure if there' s any difference in the end result?

Difference is that there's still an OFF > ON transition in your method, which can be heard, while the method offered in this thread is targeted on eliminating that.
Whatever works for you.

Reactions: Rex
Just compared both methods. Can't hear the ON-OFF transition in 'my' method. And can't hear any difference between the two methods.
In your method do you keep the default modifier settings for the control in the Pitch block?

I'm not here to prove something. As I wrote, if it works for you, fine!

The parallel method described earlier works for Wah as well. See my post #25. Just attach the modifier to level instead of mix and don't max out the level. Works great but I've gone back to auto-engage since I find it a lot smoother after recent updates.

I'm not here to prove something. As I wrote, if it works for you, fine!

That is not my intention either...not at all. Just curious if there was any difference. So you use default modifier settings on the control of the Pitch block?

Hey Yek I a'm currently using the method you described in the first post. I am, however, using a expression pedal without spring so my problem is that everytime i hit the pedal it activates the whammy. I there a way to engage the whammy from any position and bypassing it when I'm not using the pedal?

Nope. Because the Wah has no Mix parameter (there are several "wish" threads posted by users to get a Mix parameter in the Wah block).
You can accomplish the same using - for example - a Mixer block but that's getting complicated.

Zombie thread. Updating history.... See the Devin Townsend FM3 preset in which we created a "Golden" Wah:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/artist-preset-series/

Back
Top Bottom