How to Assign presets to Fc6

Ardelean55

How do I assign my custom presets to each of the 6 footswitches? For example I press footswitch 1 and it brings up my "Rythm Tone" preset, I press footswitch 2 and it brings up my "Lead tone" pre set, etc. A simple setup for live gigs.

Then just click on the "FC Edit" button in Axe Edit, choose a switch and edit the "TAP" parameters to select the preset you want for that switch.Axe Edit.png

Last edited:
Then just click on the "FC Edit" button in Axe Edit, choose a switch and edit the "TAP" parameters to select the preset you want for that switch.
Thanks so much for taking the time to help Everytime I click around the different presets I've assigned on to the fc-6 it starts jumbling them out of place till eventually I'm left with "Perprs#04", etc, left on the switches. Sorry I'm trying my best to explain, it's difficult to type exactly what I mean. But they aren't staying assigned the way they should.

Hmmmm, not sure what the problem could be.....can you post a screenshot of your FC Edit screen like I did above?

Hmmmm, not sure what the problem could be.....can you post a screenshot of your FC Edit screen like I did above?
So sorry, I realised now what I had done wrong. I has assigned the top 6 instead of the bottom 6 (I assumed footswitch 1-6 was the top line, not the bottom line in Axe edit). So sorry, I'm half asleep at the moment. Thank you so much for all your help 🙏

All good on that front my friend. Now trying to figure out how get my expression pedal to be used as a volume pedal on certain presets. Any idea how I'd assing it to do that?
Throw a volume block into the chain of your preset where you want it, then right click the volume knob of the block in Axe_Edit and set your modifier to your pedal. Here's mine:
Axe Edit 3.png

So sorry, I realised now what I had done wrong. I has assigned the top 6 instead of the bottom 6 (I assumed footswitch 1-6 was the top line, not the bottom line in Axe edit). So sorry, I'm half asleep at the moment. Thank you so much for all your help 🙏
You can configure Axe Edit to display the FC-6 Layout as it appears on the controller. Under 'SWITCHES', select FC-6 in the 'Show As:' window and in the 'FC Config' page, select 'Normal (Sw. 1-6)' in the 'FC6 Layout Mode' window. Makes things a lot easier editing switches with the FC-6 IMO.

FC-6-Axe-Edit.png

FC-6-Axe-Edit-Config.png

Back
Top Bottom