How to assign non-consecutive presets to switches 1 to 5?

maiqeru

Hi all,
I've been looking for this for a while and can't find it... What am I doing wrong? Can this be done?
Say you wanna program preset 34 on IA01 for clean and preset 247 on IA02 as your distortion. Super simple setup.
Every single video I see talks about changing effects on IA buttons but no one mentions presets.
Thanks,
M

Hi all,
I've been looking for this for a while and can't find it... What am I doing wrong? Can this be done?
Say you wanna program preset 34 on IA01 for clean and preset 247 on IA02 as your distortion. Super simple setup.
Every single video I see talks about changing effects on IA buttons but no one mentions presets.
Thanks,
M
You don't change presets with IAs. IA switches are for sending CCs... Presets use PCs.

If you need to do what you're asking, I think you need to look into Song or Setlist mode, not Performance mode.

Thanks unix-guy. Oh I see... I thought it was weird I could not find anything! Will try that song mode see how it works!

Best to move/swap it on the Axe-Fx if possible. Otherwise song/set mode can help.

Best to move/swap it on the Axe-Fx if possible. Otherwise song/set mode can help.
I'm looking for a live setup so need the flexibility of being playing a certain clean preset when on the verse, and then switch to distortion on the chorus. That's why I thought of assigning presets to IAs

I'm looking for a live setup so need the flexibility of being playing a certain clean preset when on the verse, and then switch to distortion on the chorus. That's why I thought of assigning presets to IAs
Which is why he suggested moving the presets you want near each other on the Axe Fx...

Also, have you looked into using scenes? Most likely you can get what you need all in a single preset.

Ah ok, interesting 2 points. Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate the speed of the responses. Kinda finding my own way here yet.
Will check both options see what works best.

Back
Top Bottom