How to apply different mixer settings in a single preset

Gilesy

Inspired
Here's my 2 cents. I basically made all sounds fit into one patch since I know you're a gigging musician and rather not switch presets all the time. It is set up for 3 different tones. You control them with the mixer and also need to to turn the drive pedal on for the chorus. I hope you'll find the patch useful. It's a good start - to get you tweaking in the right direction.

I don't know the parts at all. Please bare with my playing. Left channel is the original recording, right channel is the Axe-FX. These patches sound better in stereo...

This is how the different sounds are dialed in. Find the best way to do this with your floor unit...
Boys.jpg

Good luck! :D

All

Serious blast from the last here…Swedish Chef created an excellent Boys Of Summer patch, which I have. As can be seen above, he recommends different mixer settings for the intro, verse and chorus. At the time, when this thread was new, Scenes had just been launched, and the folks thought that Scenes would be a way to select the different mixer settings. I don’t think this is how Scenes works though.

What is the best way for me to be able to access these different mixer settings within a patch using my MFC-101? Would really appreciate input on how to make this happen.

Thank you in advance.

All the best, Gilesy

You seem to need 3 variations.

Maybe you could use Scene Controllers assigned to the levels and then scenes to select them?

Otherwise, does the Mixer block have only X/Y? I haven't used an Axe Fx II in a long time and never used the Mixer on mine.

You could replace the mixer with 3 vol/pan or filter blocks to mute-bypass each row as needed in different scenes. Or use a scene controller on mixer levels use SC values of 0 50 100 for the 3 sections and adjust modifier start/mid/end. Or use an expression pedal similarly to the scene controller.

A guess without hearing the preset: it might sound better to mute-bypass an earlier block in each path so reverb trails are maintained.

does the Mixer block have only X/Y?
Mixer block had X/Y on Axe-FX II XL, one channel on non-XL models.

Thank you @Bakerman and @unix-guy - really appreciate your ideas. I've not used scene controllers, however given you both came up with this suggestion it would suggest this is the way to go. I'll give it a try this weekend.

Bump for any other final thoughts from others.

@Bakerman and @unix-guy

hi chaps - I used scene controllers to switch between scenes 1 and 3 and then two null filters to flip between these and the fourth row. Works really well, thank you for your guidance.

Good weekends to you both.
Gilesy

Back
Top Bottom