How to activate tuner from MIDI Controller FCB1010?

For some reason I can't make secondary CC work in my unit. @Ugly Bunny some months ago gave me some tips after commenting in one of his videos. For a workaround I just had to use another switch to turn off the tuner with CC#00.
Also I tried the instructions documented in the video but also didn't work for me

I'm not sure what you mean by "secondary CC". Tuner Bypass should be assignable to any CC of your choosing, then, in edit mode, you'd program the FCB1010's pedals 6 or 7 (NOT both) with that CC# and basically any value 0-127. Don't program the same CC and different values to both pedals, though. Then, assuming you have no other CCs or PCs lit up on that preset (pedals 8&9 lit up are fine, though), that should work to turn the tuner on and off.

For the preset/switch you're trying to use as your tuner bypass: please list what each pedal's status and settings are when you're in edit mode for that switch.

Also, please list what CC you have set as the Tuner bypass in the Axe Fx.

Thanks!

For some reason I can't make secondary CC work in my unit. @Ugly Bunny some months ago gave me some tips after commenting in one of his videos. For a workaround I just had to use another switch to turn off the tuner with CC#00.
Also I tried the instructions documented in the video but also didn't work for me

CC#0 is sent before changing banks... Don't use that.

Maybe he meant the VALUE of the CC you send should be 0, not the number?

Hi, guys
"Secondary CC" I mean using footswitch 7 to have another a CC and toggle between 6 and 7, like in the video of Ugly Bunny did.
Anything related about toggling doesn't work with my FCB1010.
I have the tuner on config mode (foot nº6 ON), CC69, then value 127 to turn the tuner on. The problem it won't switch off pressing again the footswitch.
These are my config on axe fx. I will dig more about my configuration on FCB

Attachments

• IMG_5727.jpg
    IMG_5727.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hi, guys
"Secondary CC" I mean using footswitch 7 to have another a CC and toggle between 6 and 7, like in the video of Ugly Bunny did.
I have the tuner on config mode (foot nº6 ON), CC69, then value 127 to turn the tuner on. The problem it won't switch off pressing again the footswitch.
You don't use 2 CCs to toggle effects. You use 1 CC with 2 values. Usually 0 and 127 (off and on).

Hi, guys
I think you've got several things going on.

First of all, your effects bypass mode is set to value, meaning values 64 and over for the assigned CC will turn the effect on, 63 and under will turn the effect off. If this is how you want it, you will need to assign BOTH CCs in the FCB1010 preset: pedal 6 set to CC [whatever you've assigned your tuner to] with value of 127 to turn it on, and pedal 7 to the same CC, with a value of 0. Make sure absolutely no other pedals are lit up (ie, no PCs; pedals 8 and 9 are fine).

I suggest turning that effects bypass mode to toggle - that way you can use one CC with any value to turn the tuner on and off.

Can we confirm you're using the stock chip and not UNO or EurekaPROM?

The toggling is done in the Axe; it has nothing to do with the FCB and the Axe doesn't have a choice but to work if you're using the correct settings.

See above; your Axe is set to expect a different value (under 64) to turn it off. Again, change the mode in the Axe or add the value 00 to pedal 7 with the same CC as your tuner is assigned.

Also, just to be safe, I always turn "ignore redundant PC" on.

Last edited:
Hi guys thanks for the help !
I tried effects bypass mode on toggle and I put the tuner on footswitch 8, CC 69 for the tuner, value 127 to turn it on.
The problem is : the tuner doesn't turn off
I tried to assign pedal 7 with same CC and value 0 but my screen just blinks and nothing happens.
It's a stock chip as the previous owner said me, maybe there's something going on.
For now I will skip this idea cause I managed to set the tuner on heel down.
I want totoggle betwen scenes on my FCB as @Ugly Bunny demonstrates in this video (starting at 7:30, toggling between scenes on same pedal)

Last edited:
Hi guys thanks for the help !
I tried effects bypass mode on toggle and I put the tuner on footswitch 8, CC 69 for the tuner, value 127 to turn it on.
The problem is : the tuner doesn't turn off
I tried to assign pedal 7 with same CC and value 0 but my screen just blinks and nothing happens.
It's a stock chip as the previous owner said me, maybe there's something going on.
For now I will skip this idea cause I managed to set the tuner on heel down.
I want totoggle betwen scenes on my FCB as @Ugly Bunny demonstrates in this video (starting at 7:30, toggling between scenes on same pedal)

You can't assign a single-value CC to FS8 - it's specifically for the expression pedal. If you switched the effects bypass mode to toggle and then assigned two different switches a value to the tuner, you're counteracting your intent.

Do this. Assign NOTHING to any footswitch other than #6. Not a single other switch should be lit up in edit mode. Make #6's CC the one you have assigned to your tuner. Make the value 127. Make sure your effects bypass mode is set to toggle. And again; confirm not a single other switch is lit up - no PCs (1-5), no second CC (7), no EXP pedal (8&9), and no note (10). Only 6 will be lit up.

NOTE: You could assign the tuner the EXP pedal (FS8), but you'd have to make sure it wasn't being triggered anywhere else and you'd have to change the setting in the Axe to value as the effects bypass mode. Set the toe up as 00 and toe down as 127. I think I've done this before, but it just wasn't practical. It's a mistake to ever reassign the EXP pedals, since they're by default all set the same in every preset and messing with one means they won't work right in all the others.

I managed to set the tuner on heel down, that was good.
I tried to follow the instructions in your video about how toggle between two scenes in the same FS. I recorded a video showing my CC's and what happens when I try to do it. It won't latch between scenes, let's say 1 and 5. It only blinks for a second between these two desired scenes.

I managed to set the tuner on heel down, that was good.
I tried to follow the instructions in your video about how toggle between two scenes in the same FS. I recorded a video showing my CC's and what happens when I try to do it. It won't latch between scenes, let's say 1 and 5. It only blinks for a second between these two desired scenes.

Did you turn on "ignore redundant PC"? I think even though this says "PC," I think it also works for ignoring CCs (if they have the same value), but I could be wrong. But, if I'm right, then that would explain why it sends the scene 2 command and then immediately the scene 6 command with every tap of the switch.

It looks like you've got everything set up correctly, otherwise. It's possible they adjusted something within the Axe III and now this method doesn't work. But let me know what you find by changing that option. If it still doesn't work, I'll play around with it a little and let you know what I find.

Reviewing the FCB manual, I wonder if you might also benefit from entering the PC; meaning, activate switch 1 and make it choose the preset you're on... Find the FCB manual and check out section 2.5.

I can't remember if I did this and I haven't used the FCB in years, to be honest, but it's worth a try. I'll check out my own video in a bit and see if it jogs my memory of exactly how I got it working.

1664886041786.png

Did you turn on "ignore redundant PC"? I think even though this says "PC," I think it also works for ignoring CCs (if they have the same value), but I could be wrong. But, if I'm right, then that would explain why it sends the scene 2 command and then immediately the scene 6 command with every tap of the switch.

It looks like you've got everything set up correctly, otherwise. It's possible they adjusted something within the Axe III and now this method doesn't work. But let me know what you find by changing that option. If it still doesn't work, I'll play around with it a little and let you know what I find.

Attachments

• 75F00536-BB84-419E-9D77-5E0202FAF330.jpeg
    75F00536-BB84-419E-9D77-5E0202FAF330.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Did you turn on "ignore redundant PC"? I think even though this says "PC," I think it also works for ignoring CCs (if they have the same value), but I could be wrong.
It should not... It's there for a specific reason which is related to PCs.

It should not... It's there for a specific reason which is related to PCs.
Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I can't think of any other reason it wouldn't be working unless Fractal changed something. He has it set up identically to mine. Another dude commented on my YT channel with a similar problem. Maybe it's just not possible anymore...

@danielworks - I'm afraid I have some bad news. Your FCB1010 does not have the stock chip. I've spent some time troubleshooting, pouring through my Axe's settings, and recreating the scene change and it works perfectly (buttons 6 and 7 each set to CC#34, values 00 and 07, respectively; each press takes me cleanly to scene 8, then 1, then 8, then 1, etc.).

A non-stock chip is the only thing I can come up with as to why you're having issues. Have you removed the back plating and seen what's written on the EPROM?

If you're absolutely positive - eyes on - sure that you're rockin' the stock chip, then I suggest a factory reset. Edit a new preset and see if you have different results. I can't imagine what is making it do that, but there's nothing wrong with your footswitch settings or (from what I can see) your Axe Fx settings. In my opinion, it's down to possibly some wonky global settings on the FCB or a non-stock chip.

@danielworks - I'm afraid I have some bad news. Your FCB1010 does not have the stock chip. I've spent some time troubleshooting, pouring through my Axe's settings, and recreating the scene change and it works perfectly (buttons 6 and 7 each set to CC#34, values 00 and 07, respectively; each press takes me cleanly to scene 8, then 1, then 8, then 1, etc.).

A non-stock chip is the only thing I can come up with as to why you're having issues. Have you removed the back plating and seen what's written on the EPROM?

If you're absolutely positive - eyes on - sure that you're rockin' the stock chip, then I suggest a factory reset. Edit a new preset and see if you have different results. I can't imagine what is making it do that, but there's nothing wrong with your footswitch settings or (from what I can see) your Axe Fx settings. In my opinion, it's down to possibly some wonky global settings on the FCB or a non-stock chip.
I recorded this video right after a global reset, but I will try again. Almost sure that is not a stock chip.
Thank you very much for all your help.

I recorded this video right after a global reset, but I will try again. Almost sure that is not a stock chip.
Thank you very much for all your help.
Yeah, you know, something was fishy when the effect bypass set to "value" thing wasn't working for you and wasn't toggling on and off using two CC values.

I'd check the chip when you can. Word of advice: use a power screwdriver since there's like 15 screws lol!

It's possible the previous owner got it from someone who told him it was stock and he just never bothered to check as maybe he wasn't using it that deeply. I doubt he meant to deceive you, but who knows?

I have the same problem with mine. Followed the directions exactly. I dunno if it has to do with something in the stock eProm (mine is version 2.5). I just bit the bullet and ordered a EuerkaProm chip. It will be in tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom