How to (A) send MP3s of drum loops with MIDI clock? (B) to Axe3 and use Looper as slave in time

kennykidd

How do you (A) send MP3’s of drum loops with midi clock ? (B) to Axe3 and use looper as slave in time with Tracks/midi clock?

can you do (A) with your iPhone ? do you have to use an iPad ?

Check out the BandHelper app. You can play audio files and also send midi beat clock. Not sure if this will do what you want with the looper though. Should work on iPad or iPhone. You can also have it play the tracks through any of the AxeFx outputs.

Thanks. I’m trying to send a midi clock to the Axe3 so the looper can loop in time with the tracks Tempo changes. And sync exactly in time and loop indefinitely exactly in time.

Send the midi beat clock and the Axe Fx tempo will sync to it.

You may need to set both devices to the same midi channel, however I'm not 100% sure midi clock is restricted to a given channel.

For the Looper, you would probably need to enable the Quantize option.

Note that in my experience, the tempo will fluctuate due to how the beat clock works. This could cause odd results with the Looper.

What I do with BandHelper is just have it and the beat clock for 4-8 bars. This will usually result in the clock be close, but not necessarily exact.

Back
Top Bottom