How These Famous Bands Came Up With Their Name....

Van Halen was originally "The Broken Combs", "The Trojan Rubber Company", "Rat Salade" at one point and "Mammoth" after calling themselves Genesis for a bit before finding out there already was a Genesis.

Pink Floyd was at one time called The Meggadeaths before they decided to name themselves after blues musicians Pink Anderson and Floyd Council.

(Edit ...as is mentioned in the link of the original post... :\ )

Last edited:
Interesting conversation piece

However on a slightly related topic, in 99.99% of cases the band makes the name, the name never makes the band

I only mention this because there is a douche-bag in our band who constantly reject names for our new band, thinking there is some sort of magic to a name

You can have bad names, though the a name is just a place holder for a band

sorry rant over

Lol. In most of my bands the name chosen is the first one that no-one vetos outright. "Ok, we can all live with it? No one absolutely hates it? Great, we are The Malignant Bratwursts. What the hell, it will do. We are on in 15 minutes."

I completely understand the band making the name thing. Our name always generates some conversation, but it works for my somewhat ADD writing style. Whatever leaks out of my brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom